Hey guys. Since the forums have been organized into very specialized groups, I have no regrets making a specialized post like this to ask for a dedicated QA tester for my upcoming project. I have not yet released any major details on the project, and do not intend to do so until the whole project is near release (or at all, perhaps).
If you wish to join the "team" and help me, here is the basic spiel:
I want to make this mod available to as many people as possible without having them take extra steps on their end to make it work. I will walk you through the process of creating an application in a Mac OS, but since I only have Windows, you will have to create it and test it yourself! This way, when the project is done, I can send it to you to test out the full conversion and wrap it up for download by Mac-users.
You'll also be playtesting some minor gameplay elements which I am changing/modifying for this mod:
- player height/jump height
- "night-vision" illumination color
- mouse icons
- hand-lantern being changed to flashlight
The above items are amongst many small things you'll be testing in a Mac environment, just to ensure the conversion mod is functional on a Mac OS.
Now, there are some requirements. You must:
- have access to Amnesia: The Dark Descent on a Mac OS (whether it be through Steam, or the redistributable version)
- be familiar with Mac OS (have a few years' experience, because you'll be doing some stuff which I have no clue how to do on a Mac, since I've been working exclusively in Windows environments for about 10 years
- be an active and dedicated user. This project will take a long while, and though I won't have work for you to do every day (in fact, there may be weeks' worth of waiting time between each build I send you), you must be active enough that I won't have to wait extraordinary lengths of time to send you content to test.
- be willing to download plenty of different builds. You don't have to store/save them -- you can delete them after you confirm they are functional, but you'll be downloading many different builds which have trivial or "sandbox" content.
If you're interested and have any questions, send me a PM. Thanks in advance