(01-22-2012 12:19 AM)Lihas Wrote: @Dark Knight
I don't know. Maybe. For me, she uses the name "Echo" or the one in credits.
If you are in library, there is a monster spawn at the end of the hallway. It will do the dirty work, if it doesn't kill you first. In laboratory, there is a floating key in the middle of the room. Use it.
There's Nothing in the room at all, it's an empty corridor with 3 doors...
Alright, ladies and gentlemen. Let's try this one out. Booyah.
The usual list of mine.
- No map_cache files. This already makes me happy.
- *chuckles* "One day, something goes wrong. Everything goes wrong" Oh, Murphy's law, you mess with people even in video games.
- Strongly recommend a boxlight. Can't see much of anything.
- Dem statues had better not be there for a reason most of us on the forum know of.
- I'd recommend music as well.
- "Use it to smash de door open. Hurry!" But but but...his voice makes me feel uneasy. I don't wanna go in there.
- Door, Y U NO let me through? Smack me in the face like that...rude!
- I'm a bit confused as to why somebody would put a painting behind a bookshelf.
- There are a LOT of rats. Also, many jumpscares. No atmosphere, I'm afraid.
- Well that's a shame. He can't hit on women in the pub.
- I noticed from his wibbly-wobbly walking that you have him pathed to every pathnode. You can just tell him to go to the end node and he should use the pathnodes to get there, while walking smoothly.
- Stack of things makes for an obvious hiding spot. Though I like all the stuff. No sense as to why it's there, though.
- Noticed some minor clipping in the corners. Not obvious, I just happened to wander over here.
- A mapping thing many people don't seem to get on their first go. When using cellarbase, be sure to put welders in between each wall piece. The pieces aren't seamless.
- Woah, does the loading screen imply my character is gay? Interesting!
- Waitwhat. Where did the brute come from?
- Attempted to throw a monster out of the cabinet at me, I see.
- I always fail to understand why someone would put a kitchen in a grimy basement.
- Nyah nyah, got the jar of oil without opening the door. Hah.
- Again, music would help quite a bit. Feels empty so far.
- Thorns growing from the roof to climb? Sounds painful.
- Holy ************ that's a lot of golden statues.
- I can tell you used multiple planes here. If you check off the box "UseLocalCoords", then your horizontal planes will always line up.
- Bring it on, random Suitor!
- Ran past it...and saw a golden statue sitting at the end of the hall, randomly. Why is this there?
- Well, guess I gotta die.
- Yep. So now I have a chrome key. Fancy! I wasn't aware that chrome was around in this time period.
- Something I forgot to mention earlier, I like how you didn't just ditch the jar from the inventory.
- Ran down the stairs. Saw the footprints. This is something you'd never learn unless someone tells you.
If you select UV subdivs 2x2 on the decal, you can select which footprint you want to use, instead of using all four in one spot.
- The grunt is after me now...I was under the impression he was a good guy?
- Methinks you have a pathnode issue. He's walking beside the door, trying to go through the wall.
- That was one strong gust of wind. Hm...water monster, perhaps?
- Knew it. Hah. Looks like I had to die.
- Some more clipping. Gotta be careful with that.
- Mmkay. Creepy baby noises.
- Surprise twist? Suddenly immortal...though now explains the not dying.
- Not going to lie, I really wish there was something more to do while the Angel speaks to you.
- Aaaaand end.
If this is your first story, not bad! A couple improvements here and there, and you'd have a pretty nice custom. Go and make chapter two!
Oh-kay... I laughed at your post, Obliviator. You made fun of pretty much everything I built. But, this IS my first custom story, and I don't have any experience on creating athmospheres, but I'll learn. Chapter 2 is under work, and slowly progressing. I MAY make a total conversion when the storyline is finished, and sum up every chapter to one experience. Just saying. But still, thanks for playing my mod.
(01-25-2012 08:39 PM)Lihas Wrote: Oh-kay... I laughed at your post, Obliviator. You made fun of pretty much everything I built. But, this IS my first custom story, and I don't have any experience on creating athmospheres, but I'll learn. Chapter 2 is under work, and slowly progressing. I MAY make a total conversion when the storyline is finished, and sum up every chapter to one experience. Just saying. But still, thanks for playing my mod.
I assure you that it was written straight from my mind as I played. I think I was in a wacky mood earlier. Don't take it as offensive. I wasn't mocking your map, simply being jovial as I played. Seeing as it is your first story, I must say, not bad at all!