Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? (/thread-16948.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - Adny - 07-14-2012

(07-14-2012, 02:48 AM)Lucke Wrote: Would have loved to see Heath Ledger play Daniel, obviously not possible now...
Perhaps we can use the power of the orb to bring him back from the other dimension?

RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - Streetboat - 07-14-2012

[Image: ev3ki9.jpg]

RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - Traggey - 07-14-2012

There is an official concept piece picturing Daniel, so we do know what he looks like.

[Image: 1631468-daniel.jpg]

RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - Bridge - 07-14-2012

(07-14-2012, 08:54 AM)Traggey Wrote: There is an official concept piece picturing Daniel, so we do know what he looks like.

[Image: 1631468-daniel.jpg]
Oh I didn't know that one was official. Still, Richard Topping doesn't look completely different. Could work with some long hair.

RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - moreendanning - 07-14-2012

Excellent suggestions so far, Ben Barnes does have an air of Daniel about him (although I'd never heard of him until I saw him on here!), Joseph Gordon Levitt does hit the awesome factor as well. Bridge I'll be honest, I didn't even know Richard Topping had a face until 30 seconds ago, but he does have a "weathered" look about him that could fit Daniel's struggle in the game. Also even though we only see his hand in the game, if it were a film the movie-going audience would need to see more than just a hand. They'd need to see the character to relate to him better.

AND if it ever did get made into a film (looks like slim chance to none at the moment) Shia LePlankofwood would definitely not play Daniel if I had my way.

RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - WesleyTack - 07-14-2012

Judging from the concept art he reminds me a bit of Paul Bettany (and given the right role he's an excellent actor). The only pic available where he looks a bit like Daniel already is this one:

[Image: paul_bettany22.jpg]

RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - cantremember - 07-14-2012

Adrien Brody, he already has had experience hiding in closets while filming The Pianist and losing sanity in The Jacket.

RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - Kazakarumariou - 07-14-2012

Benny white
[Image: 200px-BettyWhiteJune09.jpg]

RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - Macgyverthehero - 07-14-2012

I can never picture Daniel with long hair... His hair to me does not feel like it matches his voice. :|

RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - Streetboat - 07-14-2012

Keep in mind, folks, that long/colored hair is something movie studios can do to the actor. What matters is the acting ability and face shape, to a degree.