Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[WIP] Baldo's Discovery - Custom Story - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Baldo's Discovery - Custom Story (/thread-10235.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: [DEMO&VIDEO] Baldo's Discovery - Custom Story - Amnesiape - 10-03-2011

New demo is up everyone!
please try it out and leave a feedback Big Grin

RE: [NEW DEMO v1.1] Baldo's Discovery - Custom Story - Amnesiape - 10-04-2011

Working on next maps Wink

RE: [NEW DEMO v1.1] Baldo's Discovery - Custom Story - Dark Knight - 10-04-2011

Amnesiape
well then, just played last version, and bug - when i enters next room after Underground, there"s stuck, no exit. and i enter back again to Underground - game crashes.
[Image: oxmBY.png]

any ideas how to make progress in that interesting story"?

btw, some notes are without text.

RE: [NEW DEMO v1.1] Baldo's Discovery - Custom Story - Amnesiape - 10-05-2011

i know about the notes, i dont know why they are not working so...
no i didnt make the map ready to go back and its not meant to go back.

RE: [NEW DEMO v1.1] Baldo's Discovery - Custom Story - Amnesiape - 10-06-2011

no next demo guys, next release will be a full release Wink

RE: [NEW DEMO v1.1] Baldo's Discovery - Custom Story - Kman - 10-06-2011

So I saw a play through on this, there are definitely a few things that could be done better but over all not bad. My only criticism is TONE DOWN THE JUMP SCARES MAN! I know you said in the OP that there were some, but the amount of them was just insane. It was like every map there was at least 3 things that just popped up and screamed at you. I mean one here and there is ok but when you use them that much it takes away from a lot of the tension and ends up just being more annoying than scary. Other than that, the mapping was pretty good, the puzzles were a little odd but still they were a lot better than just having to find a bunch of keys everywhere which seems to be a big mistake among first time custom story makers. I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to give a little helpful criticism Big Grin

RE: [NEW DEMO v1.1] Baldo's Discovery - Custom Story - Amnesiape - 10-07-2011

Thank you for your feedback, ill change a few things Wink

RE: [NEW DEMO v1.1] Baldo's Discovery - Custom Story - JP91093 - 10-09-2011

I actually love the jump scares, I get bored when I'm running around trying to figure out puzzles, i believe the jump scares adds a LOT of extra tension in the game considering you dont know whats about to pop out around every corner. I love it Smile

RE: [NEW DEMO v1.1] Baldo's Discovery - Custom Story - Amnesiape - 10-10-2011

Well thats a nice comment! thank you!

RE: [NEW DEMO v1.1] Baldo's Discovery - Custom Story - MaLiBu*KiLL3r - 10-10-2011

I love jump scares Smile keep it up ! but I have to admit that the second map wasnt as scary as the first one.
Please keep those kind of scares with your mod Smile