Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
No Escape - Amnesia Custom Story - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+---- Forum: Showcase (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-36.html)
+---- Thread: No Escape - Amnesia Custom Story (/thread-14248.html)

No Escape - Amnesia Custom Story - ChubbyLumpkins - 03-26-2012

I know now that there is no hope, no escape from this madness. The only good left in this world was taken away, trapped in the mansion with unimaginable horrors...

ModDB Custom Story Download

No Escape Video Walkthrough (Spoilers!)
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/OHTJGqBYSok[/video]

Hey everyone! This is my first post here, as well as my very first custom story and I would love if you could please let me know what you think of No Escape. Please note that the Justine DLC is recommended, but not required. Thanks for playing!

RE: No Escape - Amnesia Custom Story - Clanksits - 03-26-2012

Hey (: I wasn't very focused on looking for specific detail to write about, but I found a huge thumbs down about your custom story --
Spoiler below!
At 11:50 in your walkthrough, where the zombie appears through the next door, I decided not to run but to toyishly fight the zombie. After pickin up the Rusty Key from his orgin I was killed by him. When I respawned, I was back where I got the mansion key and had to avoid the water monsters all over again, but then when I went back to the door that originally got slammed shut.. It was shut for good.
This was an amazing piece for your first custom story and post, but since I wasn't able to finish the custom story I sadly can not give a full review. Thanks for putting this up for download, I had fun walking through my adventures until the unfortunate happening.
Spoiler below!
Really liked how you made it seem like the water monster supposively was there the whole time but never attacked, so the player thought it would continue it's stalking move to the end.. Boy, were they wrong.

RE: No Escape - Amnesia Custom Story - ChubbyLumpkins - 03-26-2012

(03-26-2012, 06:54 AM)Clanksits Wrote: Hey (: I wasn't very focused on looking for specific detail to write about, but I found a huge thumbs down about your custom story --
Spoiler below!
At 11:50 in your walkthrough, where the zombie appears through the next door, I decided not to run but to toyishly fight the zombie. After pickin up the Rusty Key from his orgin I was killed by him. When I respawned, I was back where I got the mansion key and had to avoid the water monsters all over again, but then when I went back to the door that originally got slammed shut.. It was shut for good.
This was an amazing piece for your first custom story and post, but since I wasn't able to finish the custom story I sadly can not give a full review. Thanks for putting this up for download, I had fun walking through my adventures until the unfortunate happening.
Spoiler below!
Really liked how you made it seem like the water monster supposively was there the whole time but never attacked, so the player thought it would continue it's stalking move to the end.. Boy, were they wrong.
Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it! I will definitely fix the blocker as soon as I can! I'm glad you enjoyed what you played of it.

RE: No Escape - Amnesia Custom Story - HumiliatioN - 03-26-2012

Finished it, really great and decent little story Smile

Spoiler below!

However there are shaky moments, but not all of them couple scares are like "little rushed and cheap ones" this is only my opinion... mapping was really good and whole atmosphere kind of good too. Smile

Overall: Short, but enjoyable, nice job! Smile

RE: No Escape - Amnesia Custom Story - ChubbyLumpkins - 03-26-2012

(03-26-2012, 04:27 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Finished it, really great and decent little story Smile

Spoiler below!

However there are shaky moments, but not all of them couple scares are like "little rushed and cheap ones" this is only my opinion... mapping was really good and whole atmosphere kind of good too. Smile

Overall: Short, but enjoyable, nice job! Smile
Thanks for playing! I'm glad you liked it! Big Grin

RE: No Escape - Amnesia Custom Story - Kaizy - 03-27-2012

Just completed the story

Spoiler below!
This is a very well made custom story. The atmosphere is perfect, the scares are great and nicely placed, good variety in monsters. The layout is very well done and the map flows well. I only experienced one bug while playing which did result in me having to restart the story. When I obtained the Mansion Key, I ran by the first monster in the pentagram room, and went out the door at the end of the hall, where I was met by the second monster. I panicked and made a break for the room to the right with the closet, shutting the door to the room behind me and barricading myself in the closet. Well apparently, those two monsters know where you are at all times, and thus once they broke down the door and entered the room, they bolted for the closet, which couldn't be broken into, and I was trapped in there and couldn't leave, thus making me restart the game. I'm not sure how or if a fix could be made, but yeah that was the only bug I encountered. My biggest problem with the map is that it's so short. I wanted to keep playing it but I had beaten it before I knew it lol.

I really hope I see a longer map from you in the future because you make a good story my good man

RE: No Escape - Amnesia Custom Story - ChubbyLumpkins - 03-27-2012

(03-27-2012, 02:25 AM)Kaizy Wrote: Just completed the story

Spoiler below!
This is a very well made custom story. The atmosphere is perfect, the scares are great and nicely placed, good variety in monsters. The layout is very well done and the map flows well. I only experienced one bug while playing which did result in me having to restart the story. When I obtained the Mansion Key, I ran by the first monster in the pentagram room, and went out the door at the end of the hall, where I was met by the second monster. I panicked and made a break for the room to the right with the closet, shutting the door to the room behind me and barricading myself in the closet. Well apparently, those two monsters know where you are at all times, and thus once they broke down the door and entered the room, they bolted for the closet, which couldn't be broken into, and I was trapped in there and couldn't leave, thus making me restart the game. I'm not sure how or if a fix could be made, but yeah that was the only bug I encountered. My biggest problem with the map is that it's so short. I wanted to keep playing it but I had beaten it before I knew it lol.

I really hope I see a longer map from you in the future because you make a good story my good man

Thanks so much! Big Grin I'm really glad you liked the atmosphere and design of the map. Thanks for notifying me of the bug, I will do my best to fix it right away! I will definitely continue working on better, longer custom stories!