Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Program to support Angel Script? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+---- Forum: Development Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-39.html)
+---- Thread: Program to support Angel Script? (/thread-16564.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Program to support Angel Script? - Jagsrs28 - 06-28-2012

I have Notepad++ ,but it doesn't support Angel Script?
Is there any program that DOES support Angel Script so that Amnesia Custom Story making will be quicker?

Thank You.

RE: Program to support Angel Script? - MaZiCUT - 06-28-2012

... NotePad++ supports anything basicly, it can open up every file. Atleast from what I experience.

Heck, i could even open up audio files, but I would end up getting weird letters from it though xD

RE: Program to support Angel Script? - Jagsrs28 - 06-28-2012

(06-28-2012, 09:30 PM)CrazyArts Wrote: ... NotePad++ supports anything basicly, it can open up every file. Atleast from what I experience.

Heck, i could even open up audio files, but I would end up getting weird letters from it though xD
Go to the top and click language angel script is supposed to be there.

RE: Program to support Angel Script? - SilentStriker - 06-28-2012

Well angel script is pretty much C++ with a few modifications so if you choose C++ in the language menu it will work great Smile (also I don't think angel script is big enough or different enough to have it as a language option)

RE: Program to support Angel Script? - MaZiCUT - 06-28-2012

And Geany is great for custom story scripting , i find errors easier in it!

And if you configure it right after the wiki's tutorial, it's so freaking easy to use it.

It even suggests functions!

(06-28-2012, 09:36 PM)CrazyArts Wrote: And Geany is great for custom story scripting , i find errors easier in it!

And if you configure it right after the wiki's tutorial, it's so freaking easy to use it.

It even suggests functions!
I saw a youtube video where the guy was using it.

I think YourComputer made a file that makes Geany save all the functions from the engine script in the wiki, so for example if you write SetEntity then there will be a menu with different functions that start with SetEntity

(06-28-2012, 09:37 PM)SilentStriker Wrote: I think YourComputer made a file that makes Geany save all the functions from the engine script in the wiki, so for example if you write SetEntity then there will be a menu with different functions that start with SetEntity
Yeah it was his youtube video's that i were referring to ,but I dont know how to setup Geany?

(06-28-2012, 09:41 PM)Jagsrs28 Wrote:
(06-28-2012, 09:37 PM)SilentStriker Wrote: I think YourComputer made a file that makes Geany save all the functions from the engine script in the wiki, so for example if you write SetEntity then there will be a menu with different functions that start with SetEntity
Yeah it was his youtube video's that i were referring to ,but I dont know how to setup Geany?
Geany is free from their website and YC's files comes with a Read Me on how to install it

(06-28-2012, 09:42 PM)SilentStriker Wrote:
(06-28-2012, 09:41 PM)Jagsrs28 Wrote:
Geany is free from their website and YC's files comes with a Read Me on how to install it

Nope. I looked and it says absolutely nothing about how to install it.