Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[LANG] Cant find .lang file mistake - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+---- Forum: Development Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-39.html)
+---- Thread: [LANG] Cant find .lang file mistake (/thread-20448.html)

Cant find .lang file mistake - tonitoni1998 - 02-22-2013

im deleting some categories (to find the one with the mistake in it), inspecting it for hours, checked the .hps... nothing helped.... where is my mistake? Sad

Code:
<LANGUAGE>

</RESOURCES>

<CATEGORY Name="Levels">
    <Entry Name="LevelDoorMap2">This Door leads to the basement where storage and cellar are located.</Entry>
  </CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
    <Entry Name="Description">For the best experience enjoy this customstory with Headphones in a dark room.[br][br]Don´t complain when you can see anything. This custom story is made for dark rooms.</Entry>
  </CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
    <Entry Name="ItemDesc_keybed">The key for the room I sleep in.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="ItemName_keybed">Bedroom Key</Entry>
  </CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
    <Entry Name="Note_note4_Text">It was banging against the door for hours. For days.[br][br]We shut the door and barricated it with the boxes we had here.[br]It never stopped banging. It kept banging in our heads.[br]We stayed here for months. Scared from the unknown. Scared from the sounds.[br]We ate everything in the storage. It was all away.[br]It was not me! It was him! I were out of control![br]Since everybody is away, im hungry again.[br]Where is it? I cant find it! It´s STOLEN![br]Where is it?!</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_note4_Name">Letter from a man in the storage.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_note3_Text">28.6.1978[br][br][br]These sounds got more and more intense. They make the floor shake and i can´t sleep anymore. I will leave this house and sell it to some stupid folk.[br]Tomorrow i´ll grab my stuff, and leave forever.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_note3_Name">Diary 3: This Place freaks me out!</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_note2_Text">24.6.1978[br][br][br]I am here for 3 days now and except of the cold and the weird sounds everything is fine. But I think a renovation is absolutely necessary.[br]The only thing im a bit worried about, are the noises. Sometimes its just the usual creaking and cracking. But sometimes it sounds like a wolf or something like that.[br][br][br]Definitely the wind.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_note2_Name">Diary 2: Some weird Sounds</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_note1_Text">21.6.1978[br][br][br]Today, I arrived at the house i inherited from some relative i dont even know.[br]When i first heard about that, i just wanted to sell it. But since i arrived here, its actually very nice and cozy. The house is old and rotten, but it is big and all the furniture is still there.[br]I think i will stay here for some weeks.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_note1_Name">Diary 1: Arrival</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Quest_OilQuest_Text">To get some oil, i would have to go to the storage. It is located in the basement. I hope i won´t need too much oil to get there.</Entry>
  </CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="map1_messages">
    <Entry Name="DoorUnlock">The door unlocks just as usual. The lock does not sound very old though.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="DoorLockedHaveKey">The door is still closed you dumbass. Did you think the Key will just fly into the lock? Now fucking use it!</Entry>
    <Entry Name="DoorLocked">The door won´t open. Ah man, i hate looking for lost keys... Who doesn´t?</Entry>
    <Entry Name="LookAtDeath">Oh my God! What happend here? What is this? Who did this?</Entry>
    <Entry Name="KeyHere">Oh, i found my key in the right pocket of my shirt.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="scared_reaction">What is that!? Is that a person?</Entry>
    <Entry Name="NoKeyHere">There is nothing in any of the pockets.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="AuthorName">by tonitoni1998</Entry>
    <Entry Name="WakeUp1">What was that? This was even louder than ever before.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="DiaryInfo">The first Pages of my diary that i´ve been writing on since i arrived here.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="LanternPickup1">Oh damn, the lantern is nearly out of oil and there is nothing here left. I think i have some more oil in the storage downstairs. I hope...</Entry>
  </CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="map2_messages">
    <Entry Name="door_monster_1">The door is locked with an old lock.[br]But not with those old-weak ones, but with these old-massive ones.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="OilQuestDone1">PHEW Finally! There is some oil. I wasted it all... man im a coward...</Entry>
    <Entry Name="OilQuestDone2">Oh man there is the frickin´ oil. I nearly wasted everything... Im not very brave...</Entry>
    <Entry Name="OilQuestDone3">Ah there is some oil. Nah i needed less oil than expected. The darkness is easy-going for me.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="OilQuestDone4">Alright so there is the oil. I didn´t need any oil whatsoever. Im a fucking braveheart.</Entry>
  </CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

and by the way, when you find grammatical mistakes, feel free to mention it Smile

RE: Cant find .lang file mistake - NaxEla - 02-22-2013

Try putting <RESOURCES> above </RESOURCES>

RE: Cant find .lang file mistake - OriginalUsername - 02-22-2013

You should also check if EVERYTHING is right. If 1 tiny thing is wrong/misspelled, the whole .lang file crashes.

RE: Cant find .lang file mistake - tonitoni1998 - 02-22-2013

(02-22-2013, 04:16 PM)NaxEla Wrote: Try putting <RESOURCES> above </RESOURCES>

i already had that and i just deleted it because i hoped that was the issue... now it works ._. mystery.... thanks Big GrinD i feel a bit stupid right now Big Grin

RE: Cant find .lang file mistake - MulleDK19 - 02-22-2013

Should be just <RESOURCES/>