Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
You cannot use item this way- Acid Door - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Hints, help and spoilers (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: You cannot use item this way- Acid Door (/thread-20945.html)

Pages: 1 2

You cannot use item this way- Acid Door - SunshineDragon - 03-28-2013

Wow, I'm having trouble today. I feel like a total dork. But I can't seem to get my jar of acid to work with the flesh covered door. When I select the acid jar and present it to the door it tells me "You can't use item this way." What am I doing wrong? Thank you!

RE: You cannot use item this way- Acid Door - Statyk - 03-28-2013

Odd... Is the acid container glowing green?

RE: You cannot use item this way- Acid Door - SunshineDragon - 03-28-2013

(03-28-2013, 03:30 AM)Statyk Wrote: Odd... Is the acid container glowing green?

Yeah it is.

RE: You cannot use item this way- Acid Door - PutraenusAlivius - 03-28-2013

Wait, i think you're using it on the wrong entity. You see, it wasn't a flesh covered door, it's just a flesh. If you interact with it, text will appear as "It's tough and pliant. It can't be torn by human hands" or something like that.

RE: You cannot use item this way- Acid Door - Ghieri - 03-28-2013

(03-28-2013, 11:39 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Wait, i think you're using it on the wrong entity. You see, it wasn't a flesh covered door, it's just a flesh. If you interact with it, text will appear as "It's tough and pliant. It can't be torn by human hands" or something like that.

That's a good point, it's not the giant door that you interacted with in the hallway, it's the flesh that's down the stairs in the center of the room.

(03-28-2013, 11:39 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Wait, i think you're using it on the wrong entity. You see, it wasn't a flesh covered door, it's just a flesh. If you interact with it, text will appear as "It's tough and pliant. It can't be torn by human hands" or something like that.

That's a good point, it's not the giant door that you interacted with in the hallway, it's the flesh that's down the stairs in the center of the room.

You can't get through that big door.

RE: You cannot use item this way- Acid Door - SunshineDragon - 03-31-2013

It's not working with any of the fleshy stuff. Can you think of what else I might be doing wrong?

RE: You cannot use item this way- Acid Door - PutraenusAlivius - 03-31-2013

(03-31-2013, 12:48 AM)SunshineDragon Wrote: It's not working with any of the fleshy stuff. Can you think of what else I might be doing wrong?

How many fleshy stuff did you find?

RE: You cannot use item this way- Acid Door - Tiger - 03-31-2013

You've probably forgot some ingredient.

RE: You cannot use item this way- Acid Door - SunshineDragon - 03-31-2013

All the bottles in the lab are lit up with different colors. I think I got them all. Besides, would the game even let you put the jar there if you didn't have all the ingredients?

(03-31-2013, 12:54 AM)Tigerwaw Wrote: You've probably forgot some ingredient.

RE: You cannot use item this way- Acid Door - PutraenusAlivius - 03-31-2013

(03-31-2013, 01:17 AM)SunshineDragon Wrote: All the bottles in the lab are lit up with different colors. I think I got them all. Besides, would the game even let you put the jar there if you didn't have all the ingredients?

(03-31-2013, 12:54 AM)Tigerwaw Wrote: You've probably forgot some ingredient.

Yeah. If the staircase is somehow broken, then you're doing it right!