Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[MDL ED] Problem with my export COLLADA?! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+---- Forum: Development Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-39.html)
+---- Thread: [MDL ED] Problem with my export COLLADA?! (/thread-24589.html)

Problem with my export COLLADA?! - Oliwarrior123 - 02-10-2014

Hey guys

Im new to modeling with maya, but i do model fine..

The problem is:

When i export with openCOLLADA (Export all) i get the DAE file, i open it up in model editor (i got a texture, using file), and when i load the model (it`s a wall model), it is a cube, with a pink texture, which got small pictures of arrow, and stuff from amnesia.. what did i do wrong.. if someone can help me over skype, i would appreciate it, otherwise i need advice!

Oliwarrior

RE: Problem with my export COLLADA?! - Mudbill - 02-10-2014

Be sure to load the model in the Model Viewer before the Model Editor. This is important so that it can generate a .msh and .mat file for the model.

For the glitchy texture, the problem is the file type you're using. Avoid using .pngs, .jpgs and especially .gifs. I recommend you convert them to .tga or .dds.

As for the model, try deleting the .msh file, then reloading the model in the Model Viewer. At least for me, I am required to do this half of the time or else the model remains the size of the original primitive I used to create it (usually a cube).

RE: Problem with my export COLLADA?! - Oliwarrior123 - 02-10-2014

(02-10-2014, 03:05 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Be sure to load the model in the Model Viewer before the Model Editor. This is important so that it can generate a .msh and .mat file for the model.

For the glitchy texture, the problem is the file type you're using. Avoid using .pngs, .jpgs and especially .gifs. I recommend you convert them to .tga or .dds.

As for the model, try deleting the .msh file, then reloading the model in the Model Viewer. At least for me, I am required to do this half of the time or else the model remains the size of the original primitive I used to create it (usually a cube).

Hey mudbill, thanks for advice, you will probally know me as DRZhark1 Wink

will send status in a second..: It still does appear as a cube, with no texture, but now in model view.. When i use Export all: Cube with the pink texture
Export Selection: As i made it to be, but still with pink texture?

(02-10-2014, 03:09 PM)Oliwarrior123 Wrote: [quote='Mudbill' pid='283332' dateline='1392041129']
Be sure to load the model in the Model Viewer before the Model Editor. This is important so that it can generate a .msh and .mat file for the model.

Hey mudbill, thanks for advice, you will probally know me as DRZhark1 Wink

It worked with deleting mesh, and reloading, but still no texture Sad can you help me

RE: Problem with my export COLLADA?! - Juras - 02-10-2014

Quote:It worked with deleting mesh, and reloading, but still no texture Sad can you help me

Did you apply your texture to the material in maya?

RE: Problem with my export COLLADA?! - Acies - 02-11-2014

Be sure to check that:
- Your texture is pow^2 (256x256 or 512x512 or 1024x1024 pixels)
- Preferrably saved in dxt format (this runs better)
- It has the same name as the texture in maya

Since it is pink your error is most likely caused by a pow^2 error. Be sure to check your modelview.log for errors in the future.

RE: Problem with my export COLLADA?! - Oliwarrior123 - 02-12-2014

Thanks everyone Big Grin

Special thanks to mudbill, for advices over message..

(02-11-2014, 11:38 AM)Acies Wrote: Be sure to check that:
- Your texture is pow^2 (256x256 or 512x512 or 1024x1024 pixels)
- Preferrably saved in dxt format (this runs better)
- It has the same name as the texture in maya

Since it is pink your error is most likely caused by a pow^2 error. Be sure to check your modelview.log for errors in the future.

1: Check

2: was the problem

3: Check

Thanks for reply Big Grin

(02-10-2014, 03:50 PM)Juras Wrote:
Quote:It worked with deleting mesh, and reloading, but still no texture Sad can you help me

Did you apply your texture to the material in maya?

Thanks for reply, and yes, i did apply texture in maya..

Problem is solved Wink

RE: Problem with my export COLLADA?! - Juras - 02-12-2014

Glad you solved the problem Smile, I know how tedious and annoying it can be exporting stuff to HPL2 without getting errors...

RE: Problem with my export COLLADA?! - Mudbill - 02-12-2014

I had a lot of trouble in the beginning, but once I got the hang of it and all settings pre-defined, it's quite the breeze now Smile

Good luck with your models!

RE: Problem with my export COLLADA?! - Oliwarrior123 - 02-13-2014

(02-12-2014, 07:59 PM)Mudbill Wrote: I had a lot of trouble in the beginning, but once I got the hang of it and all settings pre-defined, it's quite the breeze now Smile

Good luck with your models!

Thank you Big Grin, you just earned more reputation for helping me, fast and easy