Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia / SOMA - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia / SOMA (/thread-26059.html)

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Heurell Horribillis - 02-26-2013

Nice.
How does it eat?

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Statyk - 02-26-2013

The one on the right looks kinda derpy. I like it XD

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Ghieri - 02-26-2013

Nice, I'd be drawing stuff, too... except that I always look at my finished drawings and cry about how good they aren't.

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Danny Boy - 02-26-2013

[Image: creature.jpg]

Welp. since ya guys seem to like my creatures... heres something I drew today in the middle of a class.

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - failedALIAS - 02-26-2013

(02-26-2013, 09:11 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: Creature concept designs. Work in progress.

I like the one to the right, but think you should improve it for more anatomically sound structure.

(02-26-2013, 11:10 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: Welp. since ya guys seem to like my creatures... heres something I drew today in the middle of a class.

The bone structure and shape of the hind legs are completely off. This is also the case for the front, but not as severe; I think it is the shoulders which are the problem.

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Danny Boy - 02-26-2013

(02-26-2013, 11:15 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(02-26-2013, 09:11 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: Creature concept designs. Work in progress.

I like the one to the right, but think you should improve it for more anatomically sound structure.

(02-26-2013, 11:10 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: Welp. since ya guys seem to like my creatures... heres something I drew today in the middle of a class.

The bone structure and shape of the hind legs are completely off. This is also the case for the front, but not as severe; I think it is the shoulders which are the problem.

This creatures weren't exactly meant to be anatomically accurate. Especially the second one which is more of an abstract being. I hope I understood what you said... Since I'm not really sure what you meant whit the "the bone structure and shape of the hind legs are completely off"

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Ghieri - 02-27-2013

He means it would be impossible to walk properly with the hind legs like that. There seems to be two different sets of joints that are misaligned. Basically, if it tried to bend it's hind legs, it would fail miserably. It also doesn't connect to the hip very well.

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Danny Boy - 02-27-2013

Well it is making a pose. So its legs are kinda crossing each other. Maybe I should do another sketch of it in a more regular position.

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - crisosphinx - 02-27-2013

Something I'm working on for myself.
Spoiler below!
[Image: coolrig.PNG]

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - failedALIAS - 02-27-2013

(02-27-2013, 02:54 AM)crisosphinx Wrote: Something I'm working on for myself.
Spoiler below!
[Image: coolrig.PNG]

Cheers for making that model, though I feel the concept is dry.