Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Soma.exe has stopped working - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - SOMA (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-74.html)
+--- Thread: Soma.exe has stopped working (/thread-30714.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Soma.exe has stopped working - Cascade - 09-23-2015

Whenever I start my game, it opens a black screen and I get an error message that says:
"Soma.exe has stopped working"

Anyone know a fix? I'm on a Dell Inspiron 15R 5520.

RE: Soma.exe has stopped working - Guest - 09-23-2015

It really sucks to see someone have the same problem as me. I tried waiting, but it stayed. I don't know really how to fix the problem.

RE: Soma.exe has stopped working - Cascade - 09-23-2015

(09-23-2015, 03:07 AM)Guest Wrote: It really sucks to see someone have the same problem as me. I tried waiting, but it stayed. I don't know really how to fix the problem.

It's rough man I wanna play so bad!

RE: Soma.exe has stopped working - Funman - 09-23-2015

I have the same problem. I was about to make a new thread but I'll post it here:

I purchased and installed SOMA earlier today but no matter what I do it crashes immediately after I click play on Steam, saying "SOMA.exe has stopped working." All my drivers are up to date, I verified the integrity of the game cache on Steam, and I've restarted the computer. Can anyone help me with this? Both Amnesia games run without problems. Thanks a lot in advance. Also I'm trying to attach my hpl.log file but it's not working, does anyone know why it wouldn't be attaching?

RE: Soma.exe has stopped working - ac12345 - 09-23-2015

I hope the problem could be fixed soon or at least be recognized by a creator of it.

RE: Soma.exe has stopped working - puellaignava - 09-23-2015

Didn't realise you had the exact same issue as me, I wouldn't have made my own thread otherwise T_T

I put my comp information n such here along with the hpl.log file....I did the troubleshooting stuff, I don't know what else to do ):

I found this but it requires you to complete offers.....

RE: Soma.exe has stopped working - hjhhvjk - 09-23-2015

(09-23-2015, 03:29 AM)puellaignava Wrote: Didn't realise you had the exact same issue as me, I wouldn't have made my own thread otherwise T_T

I put my comp information n such here along with the hpl.log file....I did the troubleshooting stuff, I don't know what else to do ):

I found this but it requires you to complete offers.....

Maybe try doing the offer thing and tell us what happened?

(09-23-2015, 03:36 AM)hjhhvjk Wrote:
(09-23-2015, 03:29 AM)puellaignava Wrote:

See I did, I tried two, but when I finished them the main page w/ the dl just said "waiting to see if you did the stuff" (paraphrasing). It didn't work, I guess?

RE: Soma.exe has stopped working - hjhhvjk - 09-23-2015

(09-23-2015, 04:04 AM)puellaignava Wrote:
(09-23-2015, 03:36 AM)hjhhvjk Wrote:
(09-23-2015, 03:29 AM)puellaignava Wrote:

See I did, I tried two, but when I finished them the main page w/ the dl just said "waiting to see if you did the stuff" (paraphrasing). It didn't work, I guess?

This really sucks, then. I hope maybe frictional can come onto this and just help out.

(09-23-2015, 04:08 AM)hjhhvjk Wrote: This really sucks, then. I hope maybe frictional can come onto this and just help out.

Same ):

I've waited so long T_T I just wanna play it, I don't wanna run it at max FPS and w/e