Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Computer RPGs - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Computer RPGs (/thread-3096.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Computer RPGs - spukrian - 01-01-2010

I´ve finished Arcanum 3 times. First time with a thief character, second time with a mage character and most recently with a firearms charcter. No doubt, playing a firearms/gunsmith character was the most difficult. The game is great but it isn´t balanced between magic and tech...

Next time I´ll play as a throwing/explosives character... I think.

RE: Computer RPGs - Googolplex - 01-06-2010

Best RPG's ever!

- Gothic
- Gothic 2: Night of the raven
- Gothic 3

and

- Risen

Risen is very new, released in: 10/2009

RE: Computer RPGs - Kedjane - 01-06-2010

I saw Gothic 1, 2 and 3 for 99 kr in a store, in a box full of old games. 70 kr = $10 I think, so 99 kr is like $12. Worth it, probably?

RE: Computer RPGs - Yuhaney - 01-06-2010

(01-06-2010, 03:55 PM)Kedjane Wrote: Worth it, probably?

Worth of every cent.

And I was just about to say Risen as well. Tongue:

RE: Computer RPGs - Googolplex - 01-07-2010

I think Gothic 1 and 2 are much better than Risen.

Gothic 3
[Image: znwoil7p.png]

[Image: 2unfrtp6.png]

[Image: c2gbkr3f.png]

[Image: zdq2bjqh.png]

[Image: uimyhxn6.png]

RE: Computer RPGs - Petike - 01-13-2010

I recently got ahold of the much acclaimed Mount and Blade, to see if it delivers on it's promise. And let me tell you - I've been having fun with it ever since, for days. Great... No... Fantastic game - coincidentally made by an indie team as big as the FG one. Wink: Though some of the RPG and questing parts feel a bit unpolished (which is a pity), this is really the first game where I felt they actually captured the feel of medieval combat on horseback spot on. It's both fun to play, but also painstakingly realistic (with similarly sophisticated physics as in Penumbra, just with less direct interaction). A medieval IL-2 Sturmovik of sorts - just with knights being simulated instead of WWII aircraft. Cool

RE: Computer RPGs - penumbra 4ever - 01-13-2010

i don't like much of rpg,but diablo is the best

RE: Computer RPGs - Nevyn - 01-13-2010

Not sure if it falls under the rpg category but how about adventure games like the longest journey and dreamfall, really loved those games.

RE: Computer RPGs - Petike - 01-15-2010

(01-13-2010, 10:50 PM)Nevyn Wrote: Not sure if it falls under the rpg category but how about adventure games like the longest journey and dreamfall, really loved those games.

They're somewhere in between an RPG and an adventure game. Both are great and their art is really inspired, IMHO. Cool

RE: Computer RPGs - Tommy Gun - 01-18-2010

I'm Sorry, but i really liked fallout 3. they did have patches to fix the crashes, and it is just so silly it's fun.

But has anyone mentioned Baldurs gate?