Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Childhood fears? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Childhood fears? (/thread-7600.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Childhood fears? - TGST - 04-24-2011

Well I am not afraid of anything particular nowadays, but when I was 7-10, I was really scared of sleeping. Maybe because I watched some too disturbing movies, but I guess the biggest reason was that when I experienced "sleep paralysis", I woke up at night in my dream, only to percieve that I couldn't move and a dark figure in the corner at the door was watching me and was getting closer. I woke up pretty much crying and yelling after

RE: Childhood fears? - mattwestwick - 04-24-2011

Being chased up stairs.

Likely a result of my older brother whooping my ass.

A lot of people have this. I know this because I regularly chase people up stairs for fun. They really squeel when you claw at their ankles. heheheheh

RE: Childhood fears? - Simpanra - 04-24-2011

(04-24-2011, 01:03 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: That is awful, here's to hoping you get lucky :/

Thank you =) I am trying really hard, and i hope things such as map editing and programming which require a lot of hard work and effort might improve my memory and help me tackle it =) After all AngelScript isn't the easiest thing out there is it? xD

RE: Childhood fears? - hollowleviathan - 04-24-2011

As a child, I was afraid I was moving many times slower than I thought I was; living as a statue that took years to move what was for me seconds, and was on display as a statue where civilizations would scrutinize my every movement. Meanwhile, I only saw what either would have been if I had been born moving in normal time, or a completely imaginary world.

RE: Childhood fears? - gandalf91 - 04-24-2011

Nothing too notable, mostly just a couple particular rooms in my house when dark and late at night...One of them had many windows and the other has a bunch of old, old black and white photos and dolls...

RE: Childhood fears? - taph - 04-25-2011

(04-24-2011, 08:15 AM)Matthias Steel Wrote: why are you scared of Aliens?

I saw Mars Attacks as a kid. <:|

You know. The comedy movie.

Wow, I feel a little bit better about having all of that debilitating paranoia now.

RE: Childhood fears? - Droopy - 04-25-2011

(04-25-2011, 02:33 AM)taph Wrote:
(04-24-2011, 08:15 AM)Matthias Steel Wrote: why are you scared of Aliens?

I saw Mars Attacks as a kid. <:|

You know. The comedy movie.

Wow, I feel a little bit better about having all of that debilitating paranoia now.

Same here dude. That exact movie petrified me of aliens when I was 7.

RE: Childhood fears? - graykin - 04-25-2011

Really? I thought that movie was bad, in a hilarious way. I think Independence Day might have built up my tolerance for alien invasions, they came out pretty close if I remember correctly. Falling rocks on the other hand...

RE: Childhood fears? - Rigi - 04-25-2011

Well, I was always afraid of making a mistake, or doing something wrong.

And I also didn't like to sleep in the dark. I mean, I wasn't really afraid of the dark itself, but the things that I would see in the dismal light. So, for all of my childhood, I slept in the light.

I also had a recurring dream where I would be going down stairs and I was going so slowly that I would speed up and speed up until I would trip and basically sail over the stairs and straight into the landing, which was enough to startle me awake constantly. Nowadays that's been replaced with being in a car on one of those bridge-roads over another road and veering off over the side into the road below.

RE: Childhood fears? - eiahmon - 04-25-2011

I've been literaly terrified of house fires my whole life. Being in two of them (at age 10 and again at age 27) certainly haven't helped with it.

When I was little, i was also scared to death of grand pianos, especailly the black lacquer ones. They just seemed so.. sinister. I still have no idea why they frightened me so much, and I still don't like them either. XD