Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Amnesia: A Dark Eternity
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Amnesia: A Dark Eternity

(10-27-2011, 12:57 AM)Giovanni Rosa Wrote:
When is the expansion going to release?
As the team develops, we are trying our hardest to get this game done. Though, since the game will be more than 41 hours long, we are very busy. But don't worry! We will be showing concept art of maps, and new monsters! We will even release a demo!
Stopped reading right there, too ambitious.

Let's just say that you guys have levels what each take around 10 minutes to complete. Seems simple.

You guys would have to have...246 levels.

Only way a game could last 40 hours is if it's an open world game like Grand theft Auto or Elder Scrolls V Skyrim. For a linear horror game, nope.
11-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Find
Giovanni Rosa Offline

Threads: 5

(11-16-2011, 02:09 PM)Arvuti Wrote:
(10-27-2011, 12:57 AM)Giovanni Rosa Wrote:
When is the expansion going to release?
As the team develops, we are trying our hardest to get this game done. Though, since the game will be more than 41 hours long, we are very busy. But don't worry! We will be showing concept art of maps, and new monsters! We will even release a demo!
Stopped reading right there, too ambitious.

Let's just say that you guys have levels what each take around 10 minutes to complete. Seems simple.

You guys would have to have...246 levels.

Only way a game could last 40 hours is if it's an open world game like Grand theft Auto or Elder Scrolls V Skyrim. For a linear horror game, nope.

Though video game development takes about a year to complete. This is just a small expansion, which wont have as huge terrain evironments like video games. So cutting that out, we would have about 6 months to complete this. Oh and cutting out the amount of voice acting will be at least 4-5 months. So no biggy Smile. We are trying hard to keep it interesting.

Join our blog!
11-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

...in 6 months there is NO WAY you can develope a 41custom hour long cusom story. I mean i've been working on mine for about 3 months now and I probably have around 1:00-1:30 hours of gameplay. The only way that would be possible is if you had like 20 to 30 team members and you worked on it everyday for hours, and even then you'd probably have to skip detail altogether to make that deadline, not to mention you could kiss all that custom stuff goodbye.

Posting Freak
11-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Website Find
Giovanni Rosa Offline

(11-16-2011, 09:14 AM)kman Wrote: ok i'm sorry, but... there is just NO WAY you're gonna make a 41 hour long custom story. i mean come on... white night took 10 months to make and it was only 4 hours long. if you're really aiming for that goal, you'd probably end up releasing this a few months after frictional games has released there new game, and that's if you worked on this like every day for like 4-6 hours. and even if you pulled it off it would be insanely hard to keep players interested and not repeat environments/puzzles/scares/ pretty much everything else. just scale it back a little, maybe aim for 10 hours. not trying to hate, just giving my opinion...

I respect your opinion. But we're at least going to make it 15-20 or even more. But I aim at making the longest mod created, and most interesting. But it will not take long to make it. As long as the team is concentrating, and doing their best, then the expansion might come sooner. Only time will tell!

Join our blog!
11-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Website Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

(11-16-2011, 03:32 PM)Giovanni Rosa Wrote:
(11-16-2011, 09:14 AM)kman Wrote: ok i'm sorry, but... there is just NO WAY you're gonna make a 41 hour long custom story. i mean come on... white night took 10 months to make and it was only 4 hours long. if you're really aiming for that goal, you'd probably end up releasing this a few months after frictional games has released there new game, and that's if you worked on this like every day for like 4-6 hours. and even if you pulled it off it would be insanely hard to keep players interested and not repeat environments/puzzles/scares/ pretty much everything else. just scale it back a little, maybe aim for 10 hours. not trying to hate, just giving my opinion...

I respect your opinion. But we're at least going to make it 15-20 or even more. But I aim at making the longest mod created, and most interesting. But it will not take long to make it. As long as the team is concentrating, and doing their best, then the expansion might come sooner. Only time will tell!
Why are you even aiming to make it the longest mod created ? Focus on making the mod not suck, that's the first priority.
11-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Find
devin413 Offline

Threads: 7

Giovanni thats why i stoped build with you ... it's a to big project
better you make a small first like 1 or 2 hours to play with that I can help you maybe
and after that is done you can make a 2nd chapter what is the same time to play until you have a
a story collection whats is round 40 hours long Tongue thats my mind.
>.>

but when you make your stuff I wish you good luck Big Grin
and hope you will reach that.

Boris Game Studios: Devin413 Moddels Maps Scripts.
Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2011, 08:34 PM by devin413.)
11-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Find
Giovanni Rosa Offline

(11-16-2011, 04:54 PM)Arvuti Wrote:
(11-16-2011, 03:32 PM)Giovanni Rosa Wrote:

Why are you even aiming to make it the longest mod created ? Focus on making the mod not suck, that's the first priority.

Making the mod not suck IS my first priority. I'm just explaining what I'm aiming at.
(11-16-2011, 08:32 PM)devin413 Wrote: Giovanni thats why i stoped build with you ... it's a to big project
better you make a small first like 1 or 2 hours to play with that I can help you maybe
and after that is done you can make a 2nd chapter what is the same time to play until you have a
a story collection whats is round 40 hours long Tongue thats my mind.
>.>

but when you make your stuff I wish you good luck Big Grin
and hope you will reach that.

No problem. And I always start off big nowadays, lol. And thanks! Smile

Join our blog!
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2011, 09:58 PM by Giovanni Rosa.)
11-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Website Find
devin413 Offline

Threads: 7

Giovanni update the post with our new background Big Grin

Boris Game Studios: Devin413 Moddels Maps Scripts.
Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2011, 07:14 PM by devin413.)
11-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Find