Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

My opinion on Penumbra
hokutoshinken Offline

Threads: 2
My opinion on Penumbra

After having played Amnesia, i looked for similar game and learnt that Frictional games had developed other games.
Then i went on gamersgate and took Penumbra Trilogy.
i liked Overture,enjoyed a bit less Plague, and i have difficulties to find interest for Requiem.
I wil try to finish Requiem, but i do not feel enthusiastic.
Overture was dark and gloomy, and really a good game.
Plague took place in a laboratory, that was less attractive.
And requiem looks like a portal gameSad.
So i will give a 8/10 to Overture, a 7/10 to Plague, and 5/10 to Requiem(i know thats hard)
10-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Find
MasaMainio Offline

RE: My opinion on Penumbra

Requiem isn't meant to be scary. It's a puzzle like expansion for Black Plague that...
Spoiler below!
...takes place in Philips dream world. You know, since Philip got killed in Black Plague
11-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Yes, Overture had the most oppressive atmosphere in that mine shafts and a very complex puzzle physic. I think it was the best game in all terms. Black Plague was more creepy, but had less content, no really tricky puzzles anymore, and Requiem - yes it had puzzles, but it was more like a quest game instead of that dark Penumbra atmosphere.
Amnesia had more horror and less puzzles, it was like Black Plague in a castle. Really great game, but Penumbra Overture had the best feeling of alone, the best story and the best puzzles.
Overture: 10/10
Black Plague: 9/10
Requiem: 8/10
Amnesia: 9/10
11-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Find
Brute Offline

Threads: 10

But you must confess, that Requiem has an awesome gameplay. I enjoyed the physic puzzles a lot!
My rank list:

Overture 8/10
It was an interesting introduce, with many scare effects, interesting and good puzzles and creepy enemies! But the fight system wasn't very well here... Too easy to kill something.

Black Plague 9/10
"Well, you've got old Clarence on board, that should speak for itself." Big Grin I found him really funny in this game and he scares me as well. The atmosphere was good and I thank FG, that they removed the fight system! There were many *rofl* moments in this, too. The puzzles were good, but some of them was very hard (circuit card... firewall... DAMMIT!!!!). The story was going sad in this... Confused and freaky???

Requiem 9/10
No scares. No enemies. But awesome physic puzzles and also a cool atmosphere. I really enjoyed this one. It also has the best theme music, don't you think? Wink

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2011, 05:46 PM by Brute.)
11-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(11-02-2011, 05:46 PM)Brute Wrote: But the fight system wasn't very well here... Too easy to kill something.

Play on "hard" and show me how to kill the spiders.

11-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Find
Brute Offline

Threads: 10

Are you serious? No problem, dude! Wink
But seriously, you always criticize my opinion, don't you?
DEAL WITH IT! Cool

11-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Killing spiders is more art than science. Those buggers pass right through pickaxes half the time, it seems like.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2011, 07:27 AM by hollowleviathan.)
11-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(11-03-2011, 06:52 PM)Brute Wrote: Are you serious? No problem, dude! Wink
Then you are the best pickaxe fighter I've ever seen.

I don't criticize your opinion, I just think you don't have right here.
Because I'm sure it is not easy for you to kill the spiders before they kill you.

11-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Find