Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.31 Average
The Electric Castle Demo
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6
RE: The Electric Castle Demo

This was amazing. Your scripting capabilities are incredible. The level design, THE WHOLE IDEA blew my mind. I really felt like that castle was a special one. MAKE MOOOOOAAAAARRRRRR
05-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Website Find
SkyeGU Offline

Threads: 1

Loved every moment of what you had to offer so far. Take your time, do what feels right for you, and I (as i'm sure many others will) gladly and eagerly look forward to your release of this impressive map.

Spoiler below!

Out of curiosity. The second time you inhale the gas from the mushrooms and hit the ground... when you're in the hallways, running from multiple monsters. Is the only way out in that area to die? I'm kind of curious if anyone has survived the horror there. I snuck around for a while... then got spotted and ran.

I ran and ran and finally met my end when I turned to see three monsters slashing through my everything.

05-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

(05-09-2011, 07:35 AM)SkyeGU Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Out of curiosity. The second time you inhale the gas from the mushrooms and hit the ground... when you're in the hallways, running from multiple monsters. Is the only way out in that area to die? I'm kind of curious if anyone has survived the horror there. I snuck around for a while... then got spotted and ran.

I ran and ran and finally met my end when I turned to see three monsters slashing through my everything.

Thx for the feedback!
Spoiler below!
As for the second hallucination... It is doing exactly what I wanted it to do: confuse people. But still it is possible to avoid the monsters and survive (u have to stay alive for about 2 minutes). I think when I tested it myself it became a bit dull (ofc when i know the paths) and i had to add 3rd grunt there to spice things up. And so far I have heard no one surviving it Big Grin (if I am going to continue the story, I will of course fix these oddities in this demo)
+ there is no mushrooms
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2011, 12:26 PM by Khyrpa.)
05-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Find
Need4Power Offline

Threads: 1

(05-08-2011, 05:00 PM)skypeskype Wrote: This was amazing. Your scripting capabilities are incredible. The level design, THE WHOLE IDEA blew my mind. I really felt like that castle was a special one. MAKE MOOOOOAAAAARRRRRR

Same here.
This was one of the best custom stories i ever played,it is really impressive what you did there.

Can't wait for the full custom story Smile
05-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Find
Elexyr Offline

Threads: 0

Very good custom story. I am looking forward to where I can have more control over my character, however, you've got the staging and atmosphere bits down to a tee.

Keep it going!
05-10-2011, 02:51 AM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

So I finally got around to playing it and I must say, that is some very interesting work!

My only suggestion is to up the sound of the voice, as it was extremely hard to hear it with my sound setting (had to readjust).

With that said, I quite enjoyed it! Very unique, which is definitely a plus in this day and age. Looking forward to seeing what else you can do. :]

05-10-2011, 04:16 AM
Find
Solarn Offline

Threads: 3

This was kind of horrible, in my opinion. When I load up a custom story, I expect to be actually able to, you know, DO SOMETHING instead of watching through a 10-minute cut scene with the slightest illusion of control and no clue what anything's about.

I understand that it was just a demo, however I advise you to only release demos with actual gameplay in them for the public in the future.
05-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Find
Simpanra Offline

Threads: 28

(05-10-2011, 08:58 PM)Solarn Wrote: This was kind of horrible, in my opinion. When I load up a custom story, I expect to be actually able to, you know, DO SOMETHING instead of watching through a 10-minute cut scene with the slightest illusion of control and no clue what anything's about.

I understand that it was just a demo, however I advise you to only release demos with actual gameplay in them for the public in the future.

people are entitled to their opinion, completely, and i agree with that ability, however, when you see multiple pages of positive feedback on a story and you decide to post negative feedback, and your feedback is VERY negative....try to use common sense and realise people may take a disliking to you....word from the wise.

Edd,
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2011, 09:12 PM by Simpanra.)
05-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Find
DominusVita Offline

Threads: 4

"I advise you to only release demos with actual gameplay in them for the public in the future."

Well, you have to take in mind that the intent of that introduction was to be very cinematic - not every custom story is going to have heavy amounts of puzzle solving and monsters running around like it's Scooby Doo. Jinkies.

I think it's a fair guess that the further along through the electric castle, you'll be seeing relatively stronger gameplay elements. Sorry it wasn't your slice of pie, Solarn.
05-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

(05-10-2011, 04:16 AM)Cryaotic Wrote: So I finally got around to playing it and I must say, that is some very interesting work!

My only suggestion is to up the sound of the voice, as it was extremely hard to hear it with my sound setting (had to readjust).

With that said, I quite enjoyed it! Very unique, which is definitely a plus in this day and age. Looking forward to seeing what else you can do. :]

I just watched you play it on youtube. That was pretty pro.

I honestly think you should make a full Electric Castle Demo.
Also,
Spoiler below!
That heavy metal when the doors were breaking down. Completely break taking. Beautiful

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
05-11-2011, 03:05 AM
Find