Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.31 Average
The Electric Castle Demo
Rownbear Offline

Threads: 13
RE: The Electric Castle Demo

My feelings of this demo is alittle bit mixed. I have no idea what the electrical castle is, so here is my view from an totally unknowing point.

The beginning is too long without even being able to move. It was awesome when you first saw the castle and with the music. It's alot of WTF moments in my opinion I didnt especially like, but seems like most others here did :p.

The scripting and stages look great but it's the plot and that you jump from one situation to another without pause that I dislike and I have no idea what's going on. If you are to continue creating it I would have liked it if it was:

*More actual character interacting
*More time between the "passing out" and going to these wtf rooms
*get some items to use in the stages, now it felt like it was just an endless hunt on you and very little to actually do besides run.

I don't mean to be rude, just trying to give feedback and maybe I'm wrong. But thanks for posting it for testing, I enjoy playing others customs while I work on mine for inspiration.
05-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Find
thesnake Offline

Threads: 1

"Access to this webpage has been denied"
Can't download Sad
05-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

(05-14-2011, 07:30 PM)thesnake Wrote: "Access to this webpage has been denied"
Can't download Sad
I'm not on my main computer atm, so I cant reupload it or anything. I'll see to it tomorrow.
05-14-2011, 08:54 PM
Find
HeyCuttie Offline

Threads: 2

very nice one of my fav maps
05-14-2011, 10:49 PM
Find
Slegg Offline

This was absolutely amazing!
And i dont agree with the guy who complained about the intro i think the slowness really added to the atmosphere for me, though i would like a little more time between the passing out (just a little).
Spoiler below!
(aslo i survived the monster search in the hallways, didnt even know one of them was a hallucination but it was extremely close, they were closing in on me when it ended)
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2011, 12:10 AM by Slegg.)
05-14-2011, 11:43 PM
Find
jammer64 Offline

Threads: 2

i understand complaints and second them. big props for custom content and technical side but gameplay is practically none and i cannot understand how you guys can praise such plot or rather lack of it. after really prolonged and silly pompous intro i skip between random locations being constantly killed and respawned elsewhere. it's more like showing off scripting skills rather creating a proper game. heavily unplayable, sorry. i liked the rainbow way in the beginning, though Wink
05-15-2011, 01:20 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(05-15-2011, 01:20 AM)jammer Wrote: i understand complaints and second them. big props for custom content and technical side but gameplay is practically none and i cannot understand how you guys can praise such plot or rather lack of it. after really prolonged and silly pompous intro i skip between random locations being constantly killed and respawned elsewhere. it's more like showing off scripting skills rather creating a proper game. heavily unplayable, sorry. i liked the rainbow way in the beginning, though Wink

yes i agree whit you... if the slownees was a bit cut off i would like it a lot more.... sorry but i don't seem to enjoy to waste 2 minut walking on actualy short hallway just to see a monster walk by to totaly ignore you in a not scary way...
05-15-2011, 01:39 AM
Website Find
Slegg Offline

I think I enjoyed it so much because I always barely survived, had I died it wouldve probably broken the immersion this way I always felt like anything crazy may happen at any time and I have to fight to survive.

So you my suggestion would be to help players to survive a little more, maybe make the hallway chase longer and easy way to bypass the final zombie at the end.
Dunno what to do about the part where they search for you though.
05-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

So what is the story, and can I play this without the justine expansion since it carries justine entities
05-16-2011, 06:05 AM
Website Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

(05-16-2011, 06:05 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: So what is the story, and can I play this without the justine expansion since it carries justine entities

The story is nothing so relevant so far, just listen to the intro and you'll be fine. And you can play without justine, it's just 1 empty room.
05-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Find