The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure if this is possible, but I want to ask anyways
Ananaias Offline

Threads: 7
Not sure if this is possible, but I want to ask anyways

So, I have an idea for my custom game. I don't know if it's possible, but I want to ask. If this has been asked before, I'm sorry. I tried searching, but didn't see anything.

Also, please keep in mind that I am fairly new to this still, so just throwing code at me won't help.

What I want to do:

I have a switch in the game that is needed to move a bookshelf, which reveals a secret passageway. This shelf turns all the lights in the current room off, and essentially forces the player to use their Tinderboxes or Lantern.

However, I have an idea.

Here is a screenshot of the wall where the switch is. It's behind the painting.

[Image: zSKR]

On the other side of the player, behind them:

[Image: zSLd]

What I want to do:

Upon using the lever behind the painting, I want the room to go completely dark, which I've already managed to do. I would also like to make it so that when the switch is pulled, the bed changes into "bed_simple_movable" with a dead body on it, or even a suitor, with a bloody/very red scene.

However, I don't want it to change until the player turns AROUND. So as he's turning around, it looks normal, but when the player is full turned, it changes, then after a few seconds, goes back to normal.

So, now here's the big question:

Is this possible? And if so, how would I go about doing it? Is there some sort of tutorial I could follow?
06-10-2012, 01:02 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Not sure if this is possible, but I want to ask anyways - by Ananaias - 06-10-2012, 01:02 AM