The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Open letter to dev blog.
Joshua Offline

Threads: 1
Open letter to dev blog.

Throughout the past few months, after I have both read the dev blogs, and have played through both amnesia and penumbra, I have become addicted to atmospheric gaming. It has been sincerely difficult for me to go from playing amnesia - to playing an arcade style game.

I believe that the field of atmospheric and horror games possesses a great future in both gaming, and in the real world.

My question is: it seems that the dev blog has been focusing primarily upon the game itself and aspects pertaining to it, and rightly so. However, the equipment used for gaming should also come into one's consideration. One cannot expect the ultimate horror experience inside of a bright room with a small monitor. Therefore, perhaps recommendations as to equipment should be made? I don't really know where to go from this - but I think that it would be worth while for people to consider the more physical aspect of gaming and how that effects immersion.

Just a few thoughts, of course they could be better articulated - have at it guys.
07-11-2012, 04:46 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Open letter to dev blog. - by Joshua - 07-11-2012, 04:46 AM
RE: Open letter to dev blog. - by Your Computer - 07-11-2012, 07:12 AM
RE: Open letter to dev blog. - by zaggnut - 07-11-2012, 09:36 AM