Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Custom story's with texting instaid of voice acting?
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Custom story's with texting instaid of voice acting?

(08-03-2012, 04:32 PM)Bridge Wrote: It worked in Penumbra.
Not the same thing. Literally everyone talks in that game, even Philip at the beginning for the intro & back story. The only text that is provided (aside from subtitles for voice acting) isn't even dialogue, it's more along the lines of a help message to aid the player, or Philip's thoughts; there's a difference.

There is never a time in Penumbra where actual dialogue is written out and there is no accompanying voice. There is never a soliloquy. In my opinion, there is no contest that voice acting trumps messages written out across the screen.

Also, I must disagree with Robosprog on the idea that voice acting would make the player feel less attached to their character. With a physics based game such as Amnesia, the game play itself has one of the biggest roles in making the player and their character feel as one. Besides, even in mods where the character speaks often (i.e. Gary's Dark Secrets or something like that), it still happens so rarely that to me personally, I don't feel like it has any effect.

I rate it 3 memes.
08-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Custom story's with texting instaid of voice acting? - by Adny - 08-03-2012, 05:21 PM