Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Who are your favorite authors and Why?
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74
RE: Who are your favorite authors and Why?

Marcel Proust - was tipped by my french teacher to read his books. Finished the first"In Search of Lost Time" and plan to read the following 6. I like how he describes the scenery and the people in the book even though he can get a bit frustrating when the descriptions become like 2 pages long.

Dostoyevsky - read 4 of his books, "The House of the Dead", "Notes from Underground", "The Double: A Petersburg Poem" and "Crime and Punishment (easy read version)". I like his way of writing and it's easy to follow the text. I do regret reading the easy-read version of CaP though. Planning on reading the full version some day.

Albert Camus - was also tipped by my french teacher to read his books. Allthough I've only read "The Stranger" I really like him. I could connect to the character in the book because I deal with problems the same way.

Right now I'm reading "On Liberty" by John Stuart Mill. It's quite a leap from reading novels to a philosophical book and there's a difference between how you read them. As with a normal book you read from page 1 to X. A philosophical book you read from 1 to perhaps 20 and then 1 to 20 again until you get the message and then you read on in the same fashion.

Well, I guess I've written enough now.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
11-26-2012, 02:05 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who are your favorite authors and Why? - by i3670 - 11-26-2012, 02:05 AM