Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcement [ For your CS ] In the need of a music producer to make music? Check this out!
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5
RE: [ For your CS ] In the need of a music producer to make music? Check this out!

(02-07-2013, 12:21 PM)Creacs Wrote:
(02-07-2013, 08:49 AM)Mine Turtle Wrote: Exactly how long have you been creating music?

For almost a year now Smile

I agree with MineTurtle. It sounds more like a sentimental piece of music, rather than horror. To an extent, the music is almost reminiscent of a love story instead of excruciating pain and suffering (most widely and generalized feelings that horror games produce and provide).

Work on much more harsh tones, stronger beats, deafening- defying pieces of music that are examples of how much fear is in your mind and your game. I've been playing music for about 9 years now. I have only created music for about 3, usually with just one instrument.

I'd suggest you re-evaluate your composing abilities and expand upon what you know. At the moment, you can make heart-felt, emotionally sad and happy music. It's light, fluffy and yet cold, like a metal pipe. Instead of softly touching that metal pipe on your arm, slam the pipe down until you break the arm (I know, horrible analogy, nearly scary, but just go with me here).

If you have to, grab some inspiration from Python Blue, listen to the Dead Space sound tracks, get some Resident Evil and Silent Hill on your music library and engulf yourself in some horror. Hope that helps! Smile

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
02-08-2013, 12:03 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [ For your CS ] In the need of a music producer to make music? Check this out! - by crisosphinx - 02-08-2013, 12:03 AM