Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teleporting after dying and slime appearing?
T122002 Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Teleporting after dying and slime appearing?

(02-18-2013, 10:44 PM)palistov Wrote: Your timer code should be fine. Once you get more comfortable with coding you should be golden. For dying, you need to use the CheckPoint function. The 'asCallback' field will run after the player respawns, and the 'StartPos' field will be where they spawn. So for your example, right when the player picks up the key, call CheckPoint and set your callback and the rest of the properties, to give the idea that they were knocked out and dragged away.

Awesome! Thank you for the reply! It was understandable enough, I think I know what you mean. Here is an example:

CheckPoint ("Checkpoint", "PlayerStartArea_1", "Respawn", "Messages", "Spawn");

That's just an example, the asCallback, that's just basically the code for whatever MyFunc is, right?

And would I also put this on the OnStart or OnEnter?

And as I was looking on the forum just now, would I also use the ChangeMap func too? or just stick with the CheckPoint func?
02-19-2013, 01:19 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teleporting after dying and slime appearing? - by T122002 - 02-19-2013, 01:19 AM