Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to this, having some trouble
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26
RE: New to this, having some trouble

Alright, Night 2 and 3 more issues have popped up. I tell ya, the building of the level itself was easy peasy compared to this scripting stuff. Too bad HPL doesn't have a simple drag'n'drop way of scripting things the way something like LittleBigPlanet does. Then again I bet doing it this way gives the scripter more freedom and control over what happens. But I digress.

Problem 1: This problem was actually bigger till I fixed most of it. What I want is for the player to open a desk door, see a spider, freak out, then the spider vanish. Had a slew of problems getting this to work but I figured it out. But as it is now he just sees the spider, which just sits there doing it's little squat dance for 3 seconds, then disappears. I'd like to figure out how to A: Make that little "OHSHITWHATDAFUQ?" effect where the camera gets weird and that booming noise like a coyote getting it's nads ripped off plays. and B: instead of just disappearing, I'd like to make the spider "poof" away into dust the way monsters do when you set them to Hallucination. I'm sure A can be done but if B can't that's cool. Here's that part of my script:
PHP Code: (Select All)
void SpideyGoPoof(string &in asEntityint alState)
{
    if(
alState == 1//Only if the player is look at the area
{

AddTimer("Poof"3.0"Gone");
}

void Gone(string &in asTimer)
{

SetEntityActive("Spider_1",false);

Problem 2: I have a little ladder set up going into a small storage area, but when I climb it in the game and get to the top, the game forces me to walk forward for a while (I'd say the length of 6 barrels or so) I've included a screenshot of the ladder and the ladder area. It's probably something small and I messed up. (note in the screen some of the floor is missing, I removed it so you could see both the top and bottom parts of the ladder.)

Problem 3: In the screenshot from problem 2, you can see a hatch. It's locked at first and I'm gonna have it say "I don't need to go up there" when you click on it (I haven't had any problems related to my lang file yet so I'm not gonna ask for help there) then once you have to go up there a message of "You released the latch" when the player clicks on the door. My problem is that once the door is unlocked, it swings downward and just swings back and forth there, making it impossible to go up the ladder unless you time it just right or stand there for a moment steadying the door with your hand. Is there a way to make it freeze at the 90 degree angle once it swings down?

Thanks. Other than those problems, this map is coming along swimmingly.

Attached Files
.jpg   Ladder.jpg (Size: 286.04 KB / Downloads: 119)

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2013, 09:29 AM by DeAngelo.)
02-28-2013, 09:27 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
New to this, having some trouble - by DeAngelo - 02-27-2013, 07:23 AM
RE: New to this, having some trouble - by NaxEla - 02-27-2013, 07:40 AM
RE: New to this, having some trouble - by NaxEla - 02-27-2013, 08:51 AM
RE: New to this, having some trouble - by NaxEla - 02-27-2013, 09:36 AM
RE: New to this, having some trouble - by DeAngelo - 02-28-2013, 09:27 AM
RE: New to this, having some trouble - by NaxEla - 03-02-2013, 10:05 AM