Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
The Dark Treasure: Credel Castle's Untold Story [FULL RELEASE]
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: The Dark Treasure: Credel Castle's Untold Story [FULL RELEASE]

(08-10-2013, 11:09 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: Looks really great! I'll probably give this mod a shot Smile

I watched your trailer on ModDB, and I do have a bit of criticism directed at it though in terms of being a trailer:

First off learn to use fixed camera angles from the engine itself to be your "camera" instead of having the player walk about. This can make sweeping shots look all the better with being bumpy from the character's head bobs, un-precise camera movements, and terrain interactions. The exception being off course if you're actively filming the from the character's point of view.

Next one can be a bit trickier to get a hang of, but you should improve how you use text inside a trailer. There are many variables to how it can look good, and I can't really give you any definite advice on how to fix it, but I didn't really like just plopping white text in the very middle of the screen, namely the "features" part of it.
of course he could also use the map viewer, if he has the expertice to crop out that debugging text at the very top.
08-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Dark Treasure: Credel Castle's Untold Story [FULL RELEASE] - by WALP - 08-10-2013, 11:43 AM