Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Genders in Gaming Target Audiences.
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Genders in Gaming Target Audiences.

(04-27-2014, 12:57 PM)Bridge Wrote: What are you suggesting when you say that females are repellent to games with male protagonists or even just male undertones? Either that women are incapable of empathy or that they are unwilling to be exposed to different views from their own, if these undertones even exist at all, that is.

you are m i s s i n g the point they are turned off from games in which women are misrepresented usually through objectification to appeal to a male audience and are generally watered down and over simplified based on stupid stereotypes. that is all i am trying to argue here. i don't even know where you're getting ideas like this cause its not what im saying at all.

this isn't even some "stupid mindless action game" trend either its pretty recurrent through higher quality games too if you pay attention.

(04-27-2014, 12:57 PM)Bridge Wrote: Oh, silly me, here I was thinking that modern Islam was the worst breeding ground for sexism and misogyny.

howwww was it not clear given the circumstances and language i was using and context that i was referring to online communities among different websites and hobbies. yes of course a bunch of dumbass developers showing off a bunch of boobs isn't comparable to women being mistreated in islam

(04-27-2014, 12:57 PM)Bridge Wrote: It's entirely conceivable, except I don't know what these undertones are. People here have described them only with vague language. How is anybody supposed to determine if they exist if nobody even knows what they are.

i've already (indirectly) brought up most of these before but w/e
  • over sexualization of women
  • portraying women as objects to be won
  • portraying men as hypermasculine and emotionless
  • portraying women as subservant to the man

to name a few. obviously given the discussion most of these are focused around how a male viewpoint might effect a product

i don't even think some stupid shit like "ALL GAME DEVELOPERS AND GAMERS ARE SEXIST PIGS!@!!@!!!" or anything like that like i said a lot of this stuff i think is simply attributed to ignorance so you can't really blame anyone for it but for that same reason i think its important that we have a discussion about it and actually try and listen when people bring up stuff like this instead of spewing the same old stupid "lol feminism!!! the patriarchy!!!! get it guys its funny cause it doesnt exist hahaha!!" shit that gets thrown around whenever any sort of discussion on womens rights and representation is brought up

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2014, 01:43 PM by Kman.)
04-27-2014, 01:42 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Genders in Gaming Target Audiences. - by Kman - 04-23-2014, 01:48 AM
RE: Genders in Gaming Target Audiences. - by Kman - 04-24-2014, 12:59 AM
RE: Genders in Gaming Target Audiences. - by Nice - 04-23-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: Genders in Gaming Target Audiences. - by Nice - 04-24-2014, 12:45 PM
RE: Genders in Gaming Target Audiences. - by Kman - 04-24-2014, 01:38 AM
RE: Genders in Gaming Target Audiences. - by Kman - 04-24-2014, 08:41 AM
RE: Genders in Gaming Target Audiences. - by Kman - 04-26-2014, 02:50 AM
RE: Genders in Gaming Target Audiences. - by Kman - 04-27-2014, 09:36 AM
RE: Genders in Gaming Target Audiences. - by Kman - 04-27-2014, 01:42 PM