The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brain in Jar Character from the first trailer Spoiler possibly.
caffeine4671 Offline

Threads: 4
Brain in Jar Character from the first trailer Spoiler possibly.

.jpg   41b3063773e0576a240e7a34c149b044.jpg (Size: 66.34 KB / Downloads: 370) Okay, so I'm aware that what the first teaser showcased wasn't the main character nor was it to be a gameplay section. But do we the player ever learn what his name is or why 'Raznik' and him were taken by
Spoiler below!
WAU to have their brains assimilated by mechanical parts? Were they one of the many failed experiments made by WAU in an attempt to preserve humanity or what? I know the WAU is basically interpreting human life and death in the only way it can (as boolean values) but this has always bothered me.

This trailer was so creepy and interesting and I was just wondering if there's a note somewhere to shed light on this.
Spoiler below!
There's a monster/character name Aker who's motivations are insanity and odd religious ferver, but I can't see him being the culprit behind the brain-in-jar. Regarding the WAU, it's way too bizzare and oddly calculated (in a non-computer like way) the WAU alone to do this. I dunno, maybe it isn't that disconnected and it's more of a 'we needed to make this trailer creepy to get the player interested', kind of like 'Vivarium' seemed alien-like at the time but now can be explained as just them setting the mood and trying to draw us in as an audience. This whole time I thought there was something cool behind Vivarium, but it was really just a twisted piece of machinery assembled by an A.I. that has no clue what sentience means, and Reed was (rightfully)freaking out at seeing a copy of herself. Nothing more nothing less

I'm wondering, has anybody on here done some detective work on notes that you find in game that can shed some light on this? Is there a note in supersecret.rar that explains who the character was/is? Undecided
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2015, 05:33 PM by caffeine4671.)
09-25-2015, 05:33 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Brain in Jar Character from the first trailer Spoiler possibly. - by caffeine4671 - 09-25-2015, 05:33 PM