Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate SOMA's scare factor & MRI Loading Icon Explained
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Rate SOMA's scare factor & MRI Loading Icon Explained

In my experience, the beginning was somewhat underwhelming in terms of scares but I suppose that's to be expected and perhaps a good thing. There was a time I was wondering if the entire game was like that, but then suddenly "the game just stepped up its scare factor" as I put it in my video.

There were at least 3 sections of the game that were really scary in my opinion. There were also a lot of short moments and otherwise story related disturbances. How it will be for you is uncertain though.

The atmosphere is generally pretty good I think. These monsters work far from the ones in Amnesia, so you won't feel familiar with any of them. Especially because the game doesn't want you to become used to any of the game's monsters by making an effort into preventing that. One thing that made things especially scary was the lack of music/sounds during certain encounters so that only vague hints will help you locate them around the corners. Might make you paranoid.

As for overall scare factor, I'd say it's less scary than Amnesia (going blindly into it that is). It focuses more on the story this time around, by doing mental scares rather than visual scares.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2015, 10:40 AM by Mudbill.)
11-13-2015, 10:39 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rate SOMA's scare factor & MRI Loading Icon Explained - by Mudbill - 11-13-2015, 10:39 AM