Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Why is the engine frame-rate limited?
Kleetus Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Months, 1 Week ago RE: Why is the engine frame-rate limited?

(09-09-2010, 07:50 AM)MulleDK19 Wrote: Are you ignorant, or just stupid?

Here we go with the name calling. How childish....

(09-09-2010, 06:52 AM)jens Wrote: Because limiting the framrate to 60 has nothing to do with syncing the rendering to the update of the screen, that is why you need to have vsync enabled to remove the tearing.

If it limts my frame-rate to 60FPS, and my refresh rate is 60, then it's synched.

Why don't you explain how it's not?

And I don't mean Google links, I want you to explain how it's different. Can't wait to hear it....

(09-09-2010, 07:50 AM)MulleDK19 Wrote: If you get input lag at 60 fps, you've got a virus or something.

Turn off mouse smoothing in options.

Absolutely priceless. And you've got the audacity to attack my intelligence with a comment like that. Smile

It must be the dreaded input lag virus that's doing the rounds.

It's easy to remove though, no need for any anti-virus/spyware, just disable mouse smoothing.

(09-09-2010, 11:31 AM)Thomas Wrote: It is possible to turn off. Open main_settings.cfg in "My Documents/Amnesia/Main/" and search for LimitFPS

This is also very useful if you want to use the to do some simple benchmarking.

Thanks for the reply.

My original post was in an effort to understand the reasoning behind this setting, and for my own information and interest.

And why this seems to work fine, yet Vsync is broken?
(09-09-2010, 11:10 AM)bblaze Wrote: One would hope that, with an attitude like yours, you'd actually have read up on the subject to back said attitude up.

It's not me with the attitude, it's the fan bois here.

I asked a simple question, and instead I get Google links and people telling me that "I'm crying" or that I expect 150FPS.

Only two people in this entire thread actually tried to somewhat answer my question.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2010, 01:50 AM by Kleetus.)
09-10-2010, 01:46 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is the engine frame-rate limited? - by Kleetus - 09-10-2010, 01:46 AM