Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Scared of using the internet
CrashHeadroom Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Scared of using the internet

I outright agree with Abion. I have to fix-(I say fix it mostly just ends up as a format XD) a few people's computers here and there and most of the time, a virus has come from...I dunno here are some examples:

Trying to download an mp3 from randomly looking around google...and not noticing its a .exe XD

Trying to find old games...and the file they have download is only 1 meg large...then open it >_<

Downloading "software" from a video site so you can watch videos on it.....which is a scam (a decent video site will be nothing but putlocker.com, watchvideo and so on xD)

CLICKING ON ANY ADVERTISMENTS! Never doit, just don't XD

Old demo discs (but thats mostly for retro PC gaming)

As for security and "hacking", most of it is a myth in order to scare people into buying security :/. Take Brute Force Cracking, the program literally cycles through MILLIONS of different combinations, millions. It can take years sometimes to crack a hard password and im sick of this hollywood/nwo crap saying THEY CAN DO IT IN 5 SECONDS FLAT!! No, they can't, well not unless they have literaly ALL your details and password in the first place and if so THEY ARN'T HACKING YOU AT THAT POINT XD. Saying this though, those type of hackers arn't and won't be after you or I...they are trying to F!"$ with major systems elsewhere (bigger fish to fry as it were) and getting paid to do it.

Most hacking cases for the everyday joe come from TERRIBLE passwords...and I mean bluddy terrible, or a script kidding taking advantage of the fact our society creates poor security on alot of these sites IN ORDER TO KEEP THE SALE OF ANTI VIRUS' AND FIRE WALLS UP. OH! That's something else i'd like to go over...hacking isn't just sitting down at a keyboard there is also psychology behind it and fits neatly into my next point.

Hackers use psychology (sometimes) in order to better get to know the person. This can be usefull as (in mine and many other peoples experiences while fixing it) MANY people use crap passwords. People will literaly make one of their GF/BF/familiy member/pet/something they like and the hacking comes from someone they know as a lol :/ they have guessed the persons VERY easy password and away they go. So always make it something that ISN'T RELATED to you. Hell one of my exes would NEVER, EVER change her PW, "Lennox". She adored that horrible dog XD and due to that relationship the hacker will use (and did XD) that as a start point.

1 last thing, I said it earlier and I'll say it again. The BIG hacking stories you hear about are almost on purpose. Take the huge sony hack..."OUR NEW SYSTEM IS UNHACKABLE!" within minutes hackers realised it was a giant lie (there was next to none) and took hundreds of thousands of peoples bank details. They were never used to my knowledge but it was done to prove a point of you are being lied to.

Still don't believe me? Gary McKinnon. Not sure if many of you will know this name but a few years ago, Mr. McKinnon hacked NASA. Now, I say hacked but both me and him say differently XD, he basically logged onto a computer in their head offices. The computer had NO password, no firewall, HUNDREDS of security holes and McKinnon also realised alot of other places didnt either (and he must have found something because america's government want him like he's a new kind of meat).

My point after all this is, be aware. be observant. be wise. BE WELL! and remeber the hackers that can destroy your life and too busy waging a cyberwar between themselves and everyone in powa' to bother with us.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2016, 03:15 PM by CrashHeadroom.)
08-27-2016, 03:12 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Scared of using the internet - by icyplanet - 08-11-2016, 01:09 PM
RE: Scared of using the internet - by Romulator - 08-11-2016, 01:38 PM
RE: Scared of using the internet - by icyplanet - 08-11-2016, 04:00 PM
RE: Scared of using the internet - by Yuhaney - 08-11-2016, 07:48 PM
RE: Scared of using the internet - by Mudbill - 08-11-2016, 09:49 PM
RE: Scared of using the internet - by Slanderous - 08-12-2016, 05:01 PM
RE: Scared of using the internet - by Mudbill - 08-13-2016, 02:53 PM
RE: Scared of using the internet - by Slanderous - 08-13-2016, 03:23 PM
RE: Scared of using the internet - by Mudbill - 08-13-2016, 03:53 PM