Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Potentially seeing through walls: a performance issue
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Potentially seeing through walls: a performance issue

(08-26-2011, 03:33 PM)Acies Wrote: You have a lot of imported textures/models? Have you made any custom textures yourself?

If they are in the same layout as the amnesia textures that could perhaps increase performance.

Yes, that level I'm talking about does not include a single texture from Amnesia. They are all 512x512 and with bump and specular maps. They are all in jpg format.

Layout? Like what?

(08-26-2011, 03:24 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: How big are your maps? Maybe your graphics card is not strong enough. Even without objects and stuff it lags? Maybe a custom wall or model does that. Sometimes I notice lags when using some converted models that generate lots of bad normal and errors at HPL.log. But that's because I add objects.

1.5 MB without objects. At least ten minutes to look at all of the rooms.

I don't count objects with bad normal errors... Also removing doubles doesn't work.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2011, 03:39 PM by Tanshaydar.)
08-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Potentially seeing through walls: a performance issue - by Tanshaydar - 08-26-2011, 03:36 PM