Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: "Who" did you feel like
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I was myself in the game from start to finish
49.63%
67 49.63%
I started out acting as myself and then slowing acted more as Daniel as I learned about him.
38.52%
52 38.52%
I acted as Daniel from start to finish.
11.85%
16 11.85%
Total 135 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia
Vasyenka Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia

At first, I felt as myself. My character hardly knew much since the beginning, and that blank slate allowed me to fill myself in those shoes. I explored much of the castle as I could, seeing as how I was interested in its history and perhaps the what/why of my character's state. The decline in sanity and hearing extra voices/noises/seeing images made me feel as though -I- was losing it a couple of times.

As the game progressed, I started to feel "Daniel" emerge. It may have been the constant use of his name, referring to the main character (ie, "you") as "Daniel", to the point of "Daniel" trying to justify himself. It didn't leave much room for me to feel as though ~I~ committed such acts, or as though ~I~ was trying to justify ~my~ actions. I wouldn't say I was placing the blame on Daniel, but rather as I got to know Daniel, the more familiar it became that I was playing a different character.

On the other hand, while playing "Justine", I felt as if it was myself from beginning to finish.
Spoiler below!
I had learned of how terrible this "Justine" woman was, and thought perhaps I had to kill her at the end as Daniel had to kill Alexander. I played through it rather quickly my first time around, so by the time I reached the end and learned that you ~are~ playing as Justine, it took me by surprise! Throughout the game, I felt as if I ~had~ to save the prisoners, but by the last Suitor, the only thing I felt was the end to look out for ~myself~. I felt my priorities shift as I learned how difficult it was to save everyone - sounds horrible, but it's the total truth! LOL

I hope that helped! You guys are amazing, and I can't wait to learn of your next project! <3

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011, 05:05 PM by Vasyenka.)
10-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia - by Vasyenka - 10-09-2011, 05:03 PM