Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Request Video Tutorial
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: Video Tutorial

I have seen some threads about this - asking of paintings. So I have decided to take the time and create some files for people interested in making their own paintings.

The custom painting "toolkit":
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20790433/ToolKit...inting.zip

I have included a photoshop file. What you do is to simply open that file, right-click the layer titled "Your picture" and select "edit contents". Insert or draw your image there. Then:
1. Ctrl+s.
2.Ctrl+w.

Now the painting should be displayed with your picture. Save that file as a .dds (dxt5) - overwriting the previous .dds namned "customPainting_.dds".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OPTIONAL: If you are interested in creating further textures for this model refer to this guide:
http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tut...loutsource

Combined with google that should allow you to create more textures for this model.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are all set to use it in game! Place it in a static folder or use ModelEditor to create an entity of it.

As for users not using photoshop, but some other picture editing software - open "the customPainting_.dds" and edit the gray area to a picture of your choice. Then save it.

Good luck & happy drawing!
Edit: I suggest you aptly name the thread according to its purpose Smile

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2011, 01:32 PM by Acies.)
09-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Video Tutorial - by JenniferOrange - 09-08-2011, 01:20 AM
RE: Video Tutorial - by Acies - 09-08-2011, 01:23 PM
RE: Video Tutorial - by JenniferOrange - 09-09-2011, 09:18 PM
RE: Video Tutorial - by DRedshot - 09-09-2011, 10:00 PM
RE: Video Tutorial - by Acies - 09-09-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: Video Tutorial - by JenniferOrange - 09-09-2011, 11:11 PM