Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What's your Operating System?
thechef Offline

Threads: 5
RE: What's your Operating System?

I use debian etch everywhere, except for the Notebook where I have a beta operating system installed (Ubuntu Hardy)

I have about 75 commercial games installed. There is only 1 game I couldn't get to run yet (Gothic 3, and only if you don't count BP). On the other hand there is more than one game that didn't run on windows and most ran worse - however i had tons of problems with windows - i was actually never happy with it. (Performance (especially filesystem, multitasking, desktop performance), Settings dependability (refresh rate, forced to reinstall drivers very often), dependability(weird task manager behaviour, weird unclosable windows, software packages), stability(sudden restarts), flexibility (replaced mainboard -> bluescreen), modularity (Difficult/Impossible to replace system components with different implementation/software), usability (Software installation, multimedia capabilities)). About everything is better with debian etch, much better. I'm really happy, to have an operating system that just works and increases my productivity. It was 3 years ago, when I noticed that Debian is (or became) very attractive software. (And Ubuntu is nice too btw).
04-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
What's your Operating System? - by Yuhaney - 06-15-2007, 09:58 PM