Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Blog: Thoughs on Amnesia: The Dark Descent
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
RE: Blog: Thoughs on Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Can't deny anything you said as your opinion differs from mine.

As said, I tried to criticize everything that could have been better. So the things mentioned about are the ones I think that need improvement. Most of the things that are actually useless, which is true, would make you feel in CONTROL of the game. That's an essencial feeling. I'm trying to think out of the box, and that's why some of the things above look redundant, I'm trying to compare what it is to what it could've been.
Now I'll comment on what you said.

The thing about the monsters is that when you look at one for long time enough, you won't fear for the rest of the game. It's true that they achieved what they wanted in this terms. Damn, I can't deny how good this game is(not to mention that it is an "independent" release).

About the NPCs, it isn't easy, but sure as hell making a friendly NPC would be worth the job. Get the idea from Alone in The Dark. They are rare, but it just gives you a feeling of immersion.

I guess I was specific enough about the mapping. Again I compare what it is to what it could've been. I'm not associating with the FG capabilities or budget.

About the inventory, when I meant drop, I meant more like drop it to use it without the old-fashioned point 'n click.

One way or another, thank you very much for your opinion. You surely have interesting points, again an opinion.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
12-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blog: Thoughs on Amnesia: The Dark Descent - by nemesis567 - 12-07-2011, 10:43 PM