Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotlight small bundle of light
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Spotlight small bundle of light

(12-12-2011, 05:46 PM)Sauron The King Wrote: Hello Statyk (again Big Grin ),

I'm new to the material Editor. Could you make a material for me, which is a Billboard ingame and will look like a really light blue bundle of light? It shouldn't fade in length, but it should fade in width.
Because it doesn't sound like much work at all, but after experimenting with the program, I just didn't get one beam of light...

Scaling it the level editor does work. If I scale "bb_yellow_lightray.mat", it almost look good, but it fades in length which it shoudn't...
Just make a white line on a black background (lower resolution means lower filesize) with any kind of image editing software (gimp,photoshop,mspaint). Save it as an .png, (or .dds dxt1) file to:
custom_stories/yourstorysname/billboards

Then fire up the material editor, set the Type to translucent, check Diffuse under Texture Units, click dots on the File to search for the image you made and exported to the location above.
When youre done, just Save as and put it in the same place as the image you made with same name as the image file.

Then you can use the file inside level editor. Remember to update your resources.cfg so your level editor can find the file the second time you open the level with custom stuff.

12-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spotlight small bundle of light - by Statyk - 12-11-2011, 11:10 PM
RE: Spotlight small bundle of light - by Khyrpa - 12-12-2011, 06:55 PM
RE: Spotlight small bundle of light - by Statyk - 12-12-2011, 09:36 PM
RE: Spotlight small bundle of light - by Khyrpa - 12-13-2011, 07:16 PM