The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error Message, doesn't specify what problem is
Rokotain Offline

Threads: 9
Brick  Error Message, doesn't specify what problem is

Hello Amnesia Gamers (and bronies!)
I'm sorry to bother you with my long list of help me! But in my defence, I've done the best I could trying to find out about this, before posting. I bother you guys as last resort : p

I have been working on the full version of my custom story again. And I've come to a problem I just don't get.
Looked trough the wiki, read guides, and searched a very long time on this forum, but no answers to it.

Problem 1.
The custom story works fine, until I enter my Studium Map.
The error message is as following:

[Image: fatalerror.png]

I can't seem to find the problem for it, and I'd prefer not to post my script as it contains spoilers and is very long. Although if I have to, I will. I'm not sure if you get much out of that ^ without the script.

Problem 2.
I have an "if" script. The goal is to activate area1, which activates area2, which execute a script if the player collides with it. Simple enough right?
Problem is that I want area1 to only execute the commando IF the player has the lantern.
This is the script so far:

void IfHasLantern(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
    if(HasItem("lantern") == true)
        {
        SetEntityActive("AreaLookGrunt", true);
        }
}

It probably needs an else, but I don't know the line for DoNothing or something. I don't want it to do anything if the player doesn't have the lantern yet.

Problem 3.
I still haven't found out how a player can, by looking at a door, get a short message saying the name of the door, or the area the door leads too.

Example:
Player walks up to door1 leading to the kitchen.
The player holds the cursor over the door, about to open it, then a small text displays saying, "Kitchen Door".

It's the PlayerLookAt callback I believe, but I'm unfamiliar with that :/

Problem 4.
Maybe the worst of them all?
Notes, Mementos and Inventory Custom Item Name doesn't display anymore.
They used to before, and I don't know what has happend. For main game items it seems to work normally.
I also have checked that both my amnesia and custom story is set to english.
Any clues about this?
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2011, 08:44 PM by Rokotain.)
12-31-2011, 10:39 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Error Message, doesn't specify what problem is - by Rokotain - 12-31-2011, 10:39 AM