The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

something troubles me.
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32
something troubles me.

I know, youre all here to play Amnesia, and get scared, but ive had a lot of experience with overplaying games. To get that unexpected feeling you had when first playing it, which eventually turned out to be you best memory of the game.

Thing is, when you play Amnesia, over and over, you.. well, kill, the sort of ''good'' about it. (correct me if im wrong.)

For example; lets take my first reaction to Minecraft. Minecraft was the very first game which had the ability of freedom; to make whatever you want. I tried this game out, and the unexpected situation i experienced IRL and in the game turned out to be the best memories i had of the game. Ever since that feeling, ive played minecraft over and over again, to try to relive that experience. Its human nature guys; once we've experienced something awesome for the first time, we try to seek out that feeling again, to, well, feel good.

This might all seem unrelated to Amnesia, but it sort of ties in with my main point in this post.

Amnesia - The Dark Descent, was the very first game i had ever played, which had the first person, tense, horror aspect to it. Once i played it, i loved it, even though i eventually had to fearquit lets say, 200 times.
The memory i had IRL and of the first time i played the game, was awesome, i was experiencing some sort of nostalgia whenever i thought about it in the future.

The thing is, with minecraft, i eventually ruined the game. I didnt destroy it or anything, but my search for that one feeling i had when i played it, had made me blindly overuse the game, making me sort of.. sick of it.

Im sensing something similar is going to happen to this forum soon, seeing it took me nearly 2 years to ruin my minecraft game, and i found out about this game like, 1 year ago.

This troubles me. I can already sense the uprising of this. People have gotten sick of the same monsters, same furniture, same walls, everything. The only thing that evens this out over time is a new exciting story to the gameplay in Custom Stories.

Im not saying you should stop playing Custom Stories, or Amnesia; im just saying, play it a bit more scarcely.

Eventually, if you dont, the new game from FG wont give you the same kick as Amnesia did; it will be just like a new Custom Story. I suggest maybe you take a 1 - 2 month break from any Amnesia related things if youre experiencing the same thing i am, because i think that might help.

Word of advice given.

Thanks for reading

Cheers ^^

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2012, 03:33 PM by Mine Turtle.)
02-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
something troubles me. - by Mine Turtle - 02-05-2012, 03:27 PM
RE: something troubles me. - by xtron - 02-05-2012, 03:40 PM
RE: something troubles me. - by Hunter of Shadows - 02-06-2012, 12:17 AM
RE: something troubles me. - by Gasjockey - 02-06-2012, 02:41 AM
RE: something troubles me. - by Unearthlybrutal - 02-06-2012, 08:49 AM
RE: something troubles me. - by Googolplex - 02-06-2012, 05:36 PM