The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia will not launch from Steam?
IWork4Dessert Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 1 Week ago Amnesia will not launch from Steam?

A few weeks ago, my MacBook Pro suffered from a total system failure. Every game on my Bootcamp side(Windows) was completely wiped out--including Skyrim and Civ V, fml. On my Mac side, I managed to recover all of my files. However, when I launch Steam, none of my games will work. I wouldn't be particularly worried about this except that I'd gotten to the torture room in Amnesia and that took a whole hell of a lot of 15 minute segments of terror to get to.
Sooooo because I'm stupid, I deleted all the local content in an attempt to fix my game. Which was tragic blah blah blah but I thought, hey, at least I'll be able to play. Wrong.

Every time I open Amnesia(from any location, in online or offline mode), there's a little window that says "Preparing to launch Amnesia: The Dark descent..." that appears for about 3 seconds. Then it disappears, it un-focuses my windows as though it were launching the game, and then goes right back to Steam. No error message, nothing. All game files are supposedly intact.

Please help me...
04-09-2012, 04:50 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Amnesia will not launch from Steam? - by IWork4Dessert - 04-09-2012, 04:50 AM
RE: Amnesia will not launch from Steam? - by jens - 04-09-2012, 03:20 PM
RE: Amnesia will not launch from Steam? - by jens - 04-10-2012, 07:06 AM