Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge disappointment
murasame Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: Huge disappointment

(05-27-2012, 07:13 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: It is clearly written that Penumbra is English only and Amnesia supports English, French, German, Italian, Spanish

Research before you buy, think before you talk because ripped of is quite an expression!Angry
I was offered to buy the penumbra series while checking out for Amnesia. I assumed the game had multi-language support, as Amnesia has, hence my mistake.

I have not had any time to search the web for language mods (my language is French) but I can tell you that it is written nowhere on the check-out page that the Penumbra series is in English only.

At this point of the check-out process, I could only assume all games where in French as I was asked which my language was as I bought Amnesia.

Mind you, this is my own right to feel "ripped-off" (as it was translated) : In French it was, "je me suis fait avoir" which would translate litterally as "I've been had".

Now let's see if I can find mods for my language.

You probably don't get my point as the google translation may not be that accurate. I don't blame no one but me, but I DO condone such commercial practices :

I buy one game in French, I check out, I am offered an extra bundle for a good deal, I buy it, and I find out it's not in my native language.

You are right. One should always inquire prior to buy anything. Nevertheless, my point is that if you walk into a library asking for a book in French, you don't expect to be offered as a good deal anything else than books in your own language.

Got it ?
05-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Huge disappointment - by murasame - 05-27-2012, 05:08 PM
RE: Huge disappointment - by Traggey - 05-27-2012, 06:53 PM
RE: Huge disappointment - by plutomaniac - 05-27-2012, 07:13 PM
RE: Huge disappointment - by murasame - 05-28-2012, 02:14 PM
RE: Huge disappointment - by plutomaniac - 05-28-2012, 04:39 PM
RE: Huge disappointment - by Traggey - 05-28-2012, 05:34 PM
RE: Huge disappointment - by murasame - 05-28-2012, 10:03 PM
RE: Huge disappointment - by Traggey - 05-28-2012, 10:57 PM