The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[RANT] No Winning With Lets Players
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49
[RANT] No Winning With Lets Players

Hey all-

So, as we are creating our story, I had a thought...

There is no winning with the lets play community. I will be using one prime example for this rant, so here we go.

[rant]
Say we have a sewer, with a very quickly running stream heading through it. (as most sewers have). Us developers, would not want the player jumping in there, so we add a fence around the water. Then we get you lets players who decide to jump over the fence, and complain that they found a bug, and us developers were not diligent enough to prevent that.

Fine.

So next time, we put fences, and then we add block boxes on top to definitely prevent you from entering the water. So, lets players get their hands on it, and what do we get this time?

"Oh great, invisible walls"

Well, kind lets player, either you are smart enough to not try to jump over a fence, that is put there for an obvious reason. Or you understand that we have restricted the areas for a reason. I would prefer you wise up so you dont try to jump the fences, because block boxes tend to pull away from immersion.

[/rant]

Thanks for reading!

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

06-03-2012, 04:21 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
[RANT] No Winning With Lets Players - by JetlinerX - 06-03-2012, 04:21 AM
RE: [RANT] No Winning With Lets Players - by Adny - 06-03-2012, 04:30 AM