Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Silent Hill 4: The Room
Unregistered

RE: Silent Hill 4: The Room

Rekhyt Wrote:It's a big step down in the ladder if you compare it to SH3. Silent Hill 4 is way weird, the camera is f-ed, controls suck and the game is kinda boring in the length.

But if you haven't tried Silent Hill 3, then play that instead and you will have a much nicer..uh...I mean...scarier experience, lol.

Alright. I tried out SH3. I loved the art direction. That's about all. It's still plagued by the damn console surival horror camera angles, and the controls are disturbingly bad. I'm suprised so many people are so into these game. When the control scheme is so lacking. The only reason I die in these games is because the screwy controls. Not the fact that I am not prepared or don't know what I'm doing. When you are facing the camera trying to swing your weapon, and can't see the enemy... you know something is wrong. Keep it simple guys, make sure it is third person with a key assigned to looking back. Don't mess with these screwy camera angles that don't even add atmosphere to the game.

Thank you penumbra team for not forcing such a horrid camera angle scheme or control scheme on us.

I'd love to have a silent hill game with a third person fixed camera. Not one that changes angles so freaking much. If I wanted to see different angles, I would go watch Citizen Kane.
06-28-2006, 06:39 AM

Messages In This Thread
Silent Hill 4: The Room - by Guest - 06-27-2006, 02:39 PM