Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black screen and gameplay (Intel(R) HD Graphics Family)
Camoceltic Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago RE: Black screen and gameplay (Intel(R) HD Graphics Family)

I have the same problem and graphics card, but the driver installer isn't working. the message I get is:
"The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer.
Setup will exit."
I'm using a Dell Inspiron N5110, Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.
I've tried everything listed in this thread and the regular troubleshooting thread, plus reinstalling the game (I have and use Steam).
If anyone can help, or needs more information, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm retrying everything as I post this to try to get this to work.
Here's the hpl.log file:
.log   hpl.log (Size: 18.55 KB / Downloads: 155)
[EDIT]I found out what I did wrong. Like a partial idiot, I thought I knew what I was doing at the Have Disk method, tried running Setup.exe from the zip file, got that error message, tried redownloading it and running the exe 7 times before I read the instructions more carefully. Now to follow the instructions on getting the game to not crash.[/EDIT]
[EDIT2]Got the game to work with some minor settings tweaking and patience.[/Edit2]
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2012, 12:16 PM by Camoceltic.)
07-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Black screen and gameplay (Intel(R) HD Graphics Family) - by Camoceltic - 07-21-2012, 08:48 AM