Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.

(07-23-2012, 07:46 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Hello.

I have a friend in the UK and we both are hardcore gamer.

That means we do hate all casual games and casual elements in games.
I know this isn't really relevant to the OP, but I have to contest this statement: that's a very big assumption you're making there, Googolplex. I consider myself to be a hardcore gamer as well; my favourite game ever is the masochistically difficult IWBTG (as you can tell from my avatar), and I also really like old school nintendo games, such as Castlevania, that are insanely challenging. However, that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a casual game now and then. Games aren't always about the gameplay; sometimes they're about immersion, telling a story, much like a book or a movie.

Relevant: That said, horror is, in my opinion, really about what you want out of a game. I consider Silent Hill, for example (at least the first two), to have a much more refined horror factor than Amnesia; the developers of the SH series made really good use of darkness, isolation, claustrophobia, as well as a mysterious and intense plot to keep the player on edge throughout the entire game. However, I still found Amnesia to be the better game overall, not because of its jumpscares when you ran into a monster, but because I look for horror, plotwise, in a video game, and I think all the stuff that Daniel had to do - the tortures, kidnapping, murder - was extremely horrifying.

[Image: p229xcq]
07-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games. - by Froge - 07-23-2012, 11:24 PM