The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help Custom Sounds Not Working
benjatheavenger Offline

Threads: 2
Custom Sounds Not Working

Okay! My problem is getting custom sounds to work as sound entities, in the way that the rain sound effects work in the rainy hall map.

1) There is nothing wrong with my .snt files as I have used them with original sounds and they work fine.

2) When I replace original ogg vorbis files with my own, the sounds crash the game and no longer work - this means the problem is with my ogg vorbis sound files.

3) I have recorded the ogg vorbis files with wavelab AND audacity and neither of them work. However, they work fine when referenced for ambient music, so the sound files are OK, just when I try to use them as a sound entity it doesn't work (game crashes when loading the map).

4) The sounds MUST be used as sound entities in my map as they are locational sounds and must fade as the player moves further away from them. It will not do to have them playing all over the map.

5) I have tried saving the .ogg files at several bit rates and bit depths, but nothing seems to work. It seems the original .ogg files are saved with a medium-low quality VBR with a depth of 16-bit. In spite of emulating this with my saves, they still work as music, but not for sound entities.

If you can provide the answer to my problem I will be impressed as I've spent over two hours trying to get this to work!
09-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Custom Sounds Not Working - by benjatheavenger - 09-17-2012, 10:16 AM
RE: Custom Sounds Not Working - by Robby - 09-17-2012, 10:46 AM
RE: Custom Sounds Not Working - by Robby - 09-17-2012, 01:30 PM
RE: Custom Sounds Not Working - by Robby - 09-17-2012, 02:03 PM
RE: Custom Sounds Not Working - by Your Computer - 09-17-2012, 05:26 PM