Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Process AFTER creating your .dae
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5
RE: The Process AFTER creating your .dae

Hi Theforgot3n1!

I might be restating information that was already provided, but I hope I can add a bit more detail to any part of it.

Just as Hirnwirbel said, make sure you delete all history if it's an object. If it's a character with joints, make sure to delete all non-deformer history (or else it will remove the joints from the character!!).

Make sure your material in Maya (blinn, lambert, phong, etc.) are linked up to your model! That means the diffuse, specular AND bump maps should have files attached to them!!! You can make normal maps for bump, but you must set it so your model (and maya) will recognize that they are normal maps!!!!

Make to sure export your model using these settings for the OpenCollada exporter!
  1. Default file extensions
  2. Preserve references
  3. Triangulate
  4. Polygon Meshes
  5. Lights
  6. Cameras
  7. Joints and Skin
  8. Animations
  9. Texture Coordinates
  10. Normals
  11. Vertex Colors
  12. YFov
If you do that, you should basically be good to go!

Import that .dae and save it as an .ent! Don't forget to edit it before you save it though! Big Grin

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
09-21-2012, 04:01 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Process AFTER creating your .dae - by crisosphinx - 09-21-2012, 04:01 AM