The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Geany HPL2 Support Pack, Release 1
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
Big Grin  Geany HPL2 Support Pack, Release 1

Happy Halloween, everyone! Smile

I've got news for all of you: How does "No more typo/syntax errors!" sound? Good?

Well, for those of you who are using the Geany editor (instead of Notepad++) to make stories: If you are using Geany 1.22 (which is currently the latest version) then I've made a HPL2 support pack for you, containing custom filetypes (including AngelScript support) with all the keywords in Amnesia, and also a custom-taylored color scheme called My Cthulhu. If you make a typo or syntax error, this pack will catch it as you type it!

It should be all you need to start creating stories with Geany, so consider mentioning and linking the archive to this page:
http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/thi...text/geany

Edit: I'm currently improving the pack in some minor ways. (I'm writing better scheme documentation, correcting a few typos, and removing a color definition that made some JavaScript keywords red for no reason. Once it's uploaded (perhaps in a few weeks) you should not need to re-download it if you're only making custom stories.)

Edit: Attached a picture of how the colorscheme looks with a HP script. HP scripts don't have as much error handling as with a lang or a cfg, because you can name functions anything.

Attached Files
.zip   HPL2 Support Pack.zip (Size: 19.94 KB / Downloads: 161)
.png   MyCthulhuExampleHPS.png (Size: 44.35 KB / Downloads: 157)

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2012, 04:22 AM by Cranky Old Man.)
10-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Geany HPL2 Support Pack, Release 1 - by Cranky Old Man - 10-28-2012, 07:59 PM