Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Out of Range Signal (60 Hz)
dammarin Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Out of Range Signal (60 Hz)

Thanks for the solution, wurstgriller. I did not apply it (no need in the end), but I am now thinking it is a bug in the nvidia driver. I am using the latest beta 180.11 and it turns out the new Prey demo does exactly the same thing when set to 800x600 (only the Prey demo defaults to 1024x768, so it starts correctly).

In short, to solve the problem on a fresh Requiem installation I did the following:

THIS NEXT PART WAS EDITED DUE TO THE PREVIOUS INSTRUCTIONS BREAKING THE PENUMBRA REQUIEM CONFIG. THE PREVIOUS INSTRUCTIONS WORKED FOR BLACK PLAGUE, BUT NOT FOR REQUIEM.

THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR REQUIEM. FOR BLACK PLAGUE, THE FOLDER AND/OR FILE NAMES MAY AND WILL BE DIFFERENT.

1. Go into wherever you installed Black Plague/Requiem (e.g. home/YOURUSERNAME/PenumbraBlackPlague) and then go into expansion01/config

2. Copy the file requiem_default_settings.cfg into ~/.frictionalgames/Penumbra/Requiem and rename the copy to settings.cfg. If the ~/.frictionalgames/Penumbra/Requiem folder does not exist, create it.

3. Edit the settings.cfg (in ~/.frictionalgames/Penumbra/Requiem) so that the line:
<Screen Width="800" Height="600" FullScreen="true" Vsync="false" />
reads
<Screen Width="1024" Height="768" FullScreen="true" Vsync="false" />

4. Save the file.

This makes Requiem start in 1024x768 and no more "signal out of range" (at least for me). Of course, if your monitor does not support 1024x768, your problem will not be fixed this way.

EDIT ENDS HERE

I decided not to go the modifying xorg.conf file route because it's supposed to become obsolete soon and the new nvidia/ati drivers should work correctly without it. Also, I believe my solution is easier to implement (no need for sudo) ;-)

Cheers,

Dam
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2008, 07:15 PM by Allectus.)
12-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Out of Range Signal (60 Hz) - by ksiads - 07-18-2008, 09:20 PM