Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Lit up by a monitor
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Lit up by a monitor

(09-04-2013, 10:46 AM)Peci Wrote: Have you heard the cliché “He/She should stop for a while and think about his/her life”. Well, it works the other way around too. I am quite an analytical person, as you also seem to be. Being alone with one’s thoughts too much AND being an analytical person is a bad combo. Thinking and analyzing one’s life is a good thing, but when you start to ponder the same things over and over again, problems start to look much larger than they really are. When you notice this, it’s best just to get some distraction. Thinking about it doesn’t help, it just makes it worse.
I can definetly relate to this! I know the feeling of thinking too much, when you sit in a silent room and is just by yourself.
(09-04-2013, 10:46 AM)Peci Wrote: What about gaming then? I don’t have to tell about the good sides of gaming to a person who likes games. The reasons are obvious. But I have noticed that when I have been the most addicted, even obsessed to games (especially MMOs) there was something lacking in my life. It doesn’t necessarily have to be something critical, it could simply be that real life at the moment felt boring for some reason.

(09-04-2013, 10:46 AM)Peci Wrote: Have you heard the cliché “He/She should stop for a while and think about his/her life”. Well, it works the other way around too. I am quite an analytical person, as you also seem to be. Being alone with one’s thoughts too much AND being an analytical person is a bad combo. Thinking and analyzing one’s life is a good thing, but when you start to ponder the same things over and over again, problems start to look much larger than they really are. When you notice this, it’s best just to get some distraction. Thinking about it doesn’t help, it just makes it worse.
I can definetly relate to this!

(09-04-2013, 10:46 AM)Peci Wrote: What about gaming then? I don’t have to tell about the good sides of gaming to a person who likes games. The reasons are obvious. But I have noticed that when I have been the most addicted, even obsessed to games (especially MMOs) there was something lacking in my life. It doesn’t necessarily have to be something critical, it could simply be that real life at the moment felt boring for some reason.
I've never thought about this. And you're right. My life isn't very interesting right now at this point. Question is if it's my own fault or...
But I think you're right Smile

(09-04-2013, 10:46 AM)Peci Wrote: I’m not going to give any cliché tips how to “make friends” but I’d like to give an advice. If you are faced with an option to either a) go somewhere with real people you like or b) stay home and play, try to pick option a. Especially if the b-option always feels “easier”.

Yes! That's a great tip! Thanks. Great thing to consider when you're faced with a decision.
Thank you for the input. It's nice to hear, even though you're older than me. Others experiences count Smile

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2013, 03:46 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
09-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Lit up by a monitor - by FlawlessHappiness - 09-03-2013, 05:57 PM
RE: Lit up by a monitor - by The chaser - 09-03-2013, 06:27 PM
RE: Lit up by a monitor - by FlawlessHappiness - 09-03-2013, 06:35 PM
RE: Lit up by a monitor - by The chaser - 09-03-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: Lit up by a monitor - by FlawlessHappiness - 09-03-2013, 09:03 PM
RE: Lit up by a monitor - by DavidS - 09-03-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: Lit up by a monitor - by FlawlessHappiness - 09-04-2013, 07:01 AM
RE: Lit up by a monitor - by Peci - 09-04-2013, 10:46 AM
RE: Lit up by a monitor - by FlawlessHappiness - 09-04-2013, 12:48 PM