The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra : The Comedy series
Petike Offline

Threads: 35
Penumbra : The Comedy series

There have already been a few proposals for making a parody of the Penumbra games - here and here.

So, I dare to pick up this difficult task and give it a go. My vision is about making it in a sitcom-like format with short, 5-10 minute episodes. Each would be done from in-game footage (practically a machinima of sorts) and would cover different parts of Overture and Black Plague.

Now, about the nature of the humour used in the series...
Should we have typical witty one-liners and all sorts of crazy dialogue between the protagonists (picture Philip and Red argueing through the walkie-talkie, etc.) ?
Should we parody the glitches, plot holes and quirks in the game ?
Should we use awkward, unrelated lines of dialogue, surreal gags and pop-culture references ?
I'm really open to any good suggestions. I could hardly make a funny script for each episode without some hints of what would you like to see...

If everything goes well, I plan to release a trailer or some sort of preview video in the upcoming weeks and post it here.

In the meantime, feel free to give me any useful feedback. You can start by voting in the poll above... :-)

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
10-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Penumbra : The Comedy series - by Petike - 10-04-2008, 02:00 PM